- The goal is to do a 100% run through Quake using only the Axe!
- Zombies must be skipped. We've decided to skip Zombies entirely, as it'll add an extra twist to the project...
- Secrets are of no importance, but can be used freely.
- A good thing would be to record a demo starting with 50 health instead of 100, that way we're 100% sure the demos fit together when we finally merge them. You can use this config to start the map with 50 health.
- QdQ Axe patch: QdCstats
- Send your demos to stubgaard @ speeddemosarchive.com and mandel @ speeddemosarchive.com
December 7th, 2005 - Thomas
- Tom improved e3m5 by 5 seconds, and this should conclude an end to all running! Hoooray!
December 3rd, 2005 - Thomas
- I improved e2m3 by 8 seconds, using better/luckier monster cooperation.
- Tom improved e3m5 by 7 seconds, but I think we haven't seen the last of e3m5 yet...
November 30th, 2005 - Thomas
- I improved e4m4 by 19 seconds. Got quite lucky while having the quad, and the shambler at the exit behaved well.
November 28th, 2005 - Thomas
- Seems like Tom can't get enough of e4m7, he sharpened his axe and improved it by another 9 seconds to 2:29.
November 26th, 2005 - Mandel
- Tom Nguyen did e4m7 another 5 seconds faster, and this time he also left all zombies 'alive'. The new time is 2:38.
November 25th, 2005 - Michael
- The newest mad axeman, Tom Nguyen, completed the last mandatory
bit of running by completing e4m7 in the generally
surprising time of 2:43.
November 22nd, 2005 - Thomas
- It seems there's still a few things left to do for the running part of this project. The stats for e4m7 doesn't fit, so it needs to be re-run with proper stats. Also, a few maps could do with some "optimizing"... which brings us to e3m6... Thomas Bergendorff had a stab at it and improved it by 19 seconds over Basil.
- Mathias have been busy demorelising all demos, which you can grab via this link.
November 17th, 2005 - Thomas
- Last map done (I think)! e4m6 took a severe beating by yours truly :-) I found a cool way to get 4 spawns to detonate themselves. If not Tom wants to have a stab at it, then I consider it done!
- So, all maps have been completed now, unless someone wants to try and improve any of them... I'm amazed we even made it this far!
October 25th, 2005 - Mathias
- This slow moving project suddenly took a huge leap forward when Tom Nguyen suddenly sent in end 100% in 2:43. The only reason this doesn't get a big fat DONE! is that Tom says he might try a bit more.
April 27th, 2005 - Thomas
- Here we go again! Mathias Thore filled the hole for e4m8 in the blistering time of 3:58, and it's DONE.
August 5th, 2004 - Thomas
- Daniel Hansson improved Ilkka's e2m4 by 36 seconds to 2:51, and it's DONE.
- Daniel also improved Basil's e3m5 by 12 seconds to 2:20, and it's DONE.
January 14th, 2004 - Thomas
- I improved Richard's e2m7 by 8 seconds to 2:49, and it's DONE.
October 8th, 2003 - Thomas
- I improved Basil's e2m3 by 9 seconds to 2:46, and it's DONE.
October 3rd, 2003 - Thomas
- I improved Jozsef's e2m6 by 20 seconds to 5:20, and it's DONE.
- I also had a look at e1m3 and e3m7, and I can't really improve them much further, so consider them DONE too.
October 2nd, 2003 - Thomas
- Robert improved Evan's e1m5 by 6 seconds to 1:32, and it's DONE.
- I improved Evan's e1m6 by 2 seconds to 1:33, and it's also DONE.
September 22nd, 2003 - Thomas
- I improved e4m5 by 3 seconds to 2:11. It's DONE.
September 18th, 2003 - (2nd update) Thomas
- I improved Will's e4m5 by 30 seconds to get 2:14. Can be done faster.
September 18th, 2003 - Thomas
- I improved e2m2 even further by skipping the yellow armor and tweaking the route a bit. 5 seconds faster to 1:44, and it's DONE.
- I also improved e4m4 by 11 more seconds to 4:50, and it's DONE, unless someone else can come up with a better route than this. I think this route is the best though, but go ahead and prove me wrong.
- Basil 'improved' Ilkka's e2m3 using the secret exit (which Ilkka didn't) that let's us go to e2m7, but it's 43 seconds slower than Ilkka's demo. He got 2:55. Can anyone think of a better route for this one?
September 17th, 2003 - Thomas
- I improved Ilkka's e4m4 by 12 seconds to get 5:01. I changed the route and the tactic drasticly. Not sure which route is best.
- I also improved Ilkka's e2m2 by 3 seconds to get 1:49. I'll improve this by another second or two, then it's done.
September 16th, 2003 - (2nd update) Thomas
- I improved Evan's e4m3 by 6 seconds to 1:50. It can't be done much faster unless you put in some crazy bunnies, all the monsters behaved well this time, so I consider this one as DONE.
- Richard improved e2m7 by 5 more seconds to 2:57.
September 16th, 2003 - Thomas
- Richard joined the project with a tablefiller on e2m7 which he did in 3:02. Our goal must be to get Episode 2 under 20 minutes :-)
- I improved Will's e1m3 by 6 seconds to get 2:29. Only spent a few minutes on this, so it can be improved.
September 14th, 2003 - Thomas
- I improved e3m7 by 1 more second to 2:00. Still some mistakes, so it needs to be improved.
- Basil filled the empty hole for e3m5, in 2:32.
September 7th, 2003 - Thomas
- Basil improved e3m6 to 4:51, 21 seconds faster.
- He also filled the empty hole for e4m7, which he did in 3:02.
September 5th, 2003 - Thomas
- Basil did e3m6 in 5:12. Still needs further improvement.
September 4th, 2003 - Thomas
- I did e3m7 5 seconds faster to get 2:01. I fell down after telefragging the Scrag though, so I guess I'll have another go at it.
September 1st, 2003 - Thomas
- Found some demos that were thought to be lost:
- e1m3 in 2:35 by Will Marsh
- e2m2 in 1:52, e2m3 in 2:12 and e4m4 in 5:13 by Ilkka Kurkela
- e4m3 in 1:56 by Evan Wagner
- and e4m5 in 2:44 by someone? It might've been Will that did this one as well.
August 29th, 2003 - Thomas
- The project page has been set up.