Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 25 August 2003 1:56 PST
ladies and gentlemen, i've got some miserable news for you. i know this is really heartbreaking and some of you may go mad at this, but i decided to disclose this because we all have to face the truth.
yes, some of you may have already got it. the real markus taipale, who lived in finland, has actually been dead for more than two years. that is, he died back in mid 2001(after his final demos on e1m1 and e3m1), and all "his" demos made in late 2001 and 2002 were actually done by his successors: joe and martin. They posted some of their demos in the name of Markus, because they want to share the fame with the hero whom they respected for all time. there are also some exceptional demos tagged as their own work, only because some of them are not good enough to be faked as Markus', and the others just don't look the same as Markus' though they are very fast.
verorbebPosted - 25 August 2003 3:18 PST
if this is true....why was it never (publicly) mentioned? I can't believe this sort of info would reach me (and probably others) in this way. And wtf demo's done by others with his name?? I could understand if you dedicate a demo to him but that's just hidinig the thruth.

Its exactly the same as the father of my mother in law did, they told her her mother was on vacation (for 12 years)

if it is untrue...neh it would take a GWBush to do something that stupid

Martin SelinusPosted - 25 August 2003 5:11 PST
That is just bullshit. I really think Weixing should shut the fuck up on this board. Wasn't calling Richard and Tim "defected" enough already?
Charlie 5-0Posted - 25 August 2003 6:38 PST
You sick weirdo. Go hide yourself instead of posting disgusting messages like this.

What´s your goal anyway?
Would you like to read a thread about your death?

Sicko.

- plz fu du e lollad -

KenPosted - 25 August 2003 9:30 PST
I guess I've been right from the very beggining: The dude IS indeed a retard.
NagasakiPosted - 25 August 2003 16:10 PST
Hey! Tomorrow is Attila's birthday, isn't it?

[AK]Naga$akeY 2003
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

NagasakiPosted - 25 August 2003 16:11 PST
Whoops, double post.

Anyways, if 100 years would be a pie, he would become a quarter of it within the next 24 hours.

[AK]Naga$akeY 2003
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

Edited by - Nagasaki on 8/25/2003 4:18:49 PM

MorfansPosted - 26 August 2003 0:33 PST
Hey Attila, congratulations on reaching your quarter-pie!

BTW. Let's get one thing straight. "defected" means to change sides. Someone/something with a defect is "defective". Tim and myself are not defected we're defective.

lodisPosted - 26 August 2003 2:28 PST
I still think he meant defecated.
StubbyPosted - 26 August 2003 2:34 PST
I think he meant dementiated...

- The Axe Basher -

verorbebPosted - 26 August 2003 2:54 PST
i've been banned for less from the boards (don't remember if it was on sda or the dutch q1 ctf forum)
JozsefPosted - 28 August 2003 11:18 PST
stupid joke
Amrik2Posted - 31 August 2003 20:03 PST
Markus isn't dead because if he did, then a big meteor would strike earth, killing everyone instantly. Yeah.