Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
KenPosted - 19 December 2002 6:08 PST
How does one get out of the water quickly? Thomas beat my Epoch ER (a really cool demo he did!) and he gets out of water quickly 2 times.. I guess if I ever beat the demo, I'll have to do that as well, coz 2 times.. there's over a second lost in total I guess..

We live, as we dream - alone.

amrikPosted - 7 January 2003 8:53 PST
You've got to look straight up and hit the land-water barrier at an angle... you'll pop straight out.
KenPosted - 7 January 2003 9:09 PST
What angle? I can never do it..

We live, as we dream - alone.

timPosted - 8 January 2003 1:54 PST
OMFG its the return of ricky :)

maybe he will do what Taipale did about a year ago do some demos then disapear again, what will ricky do, .. hmm maybe the ER of Beyond belief marathon faster than Jozsefs qdq production :) go on ricky, you know you wanna ;)

JozsefPosted - 8 January 2003 10:34 PST
ken, just so what amricky said: try looking up and try to feel that point when you can set your viewpoint back to center. best map for practising this is for example e4m1, when pressing the 2nd slipgate button (exactly after coming out of the water). watch peter's e4m1_018 and you'll see. try the same until you succeed!

tim and amricky: i'm highly awaiting for the nolan awards' parodies 2003 ;)

RobertPosted - 9 January 2003 7:23 PST
I think it also depends on what computer you got, on my laptop i almost always succeed jumping fast up from the water. Sometimes it works even if your not on the right angle.

so, buy a laptop Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz and you will be able to do it. =)

timPosted - 9 January 2003 16:26 PST
Jozsef, i didn't know you'd read that, it seemed quite funny and most people would find something to laugh at, however at the same time they would also find something to be offended by which is why i didn't think amricky would have shared it :)

however it would b funny to make another of those :)