Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
De_VerorberaarPosted - 29 November 2002 3:53 PST
1 - how to switch of that if you pick a weapon wich is better then the one you're currently holding it switches to it

2 - i downloaded some ctfmod and autoaim is turned on thus i cant shoot rox at ppl their feet nor rocket jump when nmi's are nearby
can i turn this of?

NagasakiPosted - 29 November 2002 6:07 PST
It all depends on how you are using that mod. Given that you are running it under NetQuake and you are your own host - why should sv_aim not be working?

I think the auto-switch option is hard-coded but please anyone correct me incase it isn't.

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

lodisPosted - 29 November 2002 6:42 PST
ingmar is correct on both counts.
I assume that you play on the net, and for the autoaiming to be off the server has to set sv_aim 1 or higher. It doesn't help with just the client having it as it's a server side variable (hence the sv part of the variable name). This only applies to NetQuake of course. QuakeWorld is a different story.

The autoswitching is hardcoded. Some mods remove it, if you happen to use a proxy (i.e. FAQ proxy for NetQuake) you can change the behaviour.
But if you want it to work no matter what and where you play, use scripts.

When you fire you run a script that changes to your weapon of choice and the does +attack:

alias +cunt "my_weapon;wait;+attack"
alias -cunt "-attack"
bind mouse1 +cunt

and you'd have to have the weapon switching commands set to changing the my_weapon alias:
let's say you change to RL with space
alias rl "impulse 7"
bind space "alias my_weapon rl"

Now I haven't done scripting for ages so I'm probably my examples are probably not correct but you get the general idea I hope

De_VerorberaarPosted - 29 November 2002 8:35 PST
sv_aim thx that was exactly the solution the other one have to read again and second thoughts etc
De_VerorberaarPosted - 29 November 2002 8:38 PST
hmm this is what i can make out of it if i want to keep my axe in hand while grabbing a better weapon

alias axe "impulse 1"
bind space "alias my_weapon axe"

?

NagasakiPosted - 30 November 2002 6:18 PST
rofl :)