Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
KenPosted - 28 October 2002 11:17 PST
Or the last demo update was 10 big, fat, long days ago?? My hunger for a couple of new demos is huge, come on lazy bitch0rz!

We live, as we dream - alone.

StubbyPosted - 28 October 2002 14:01 PST
Nolan is at work so I'm posting this for him:

"ok ken cuz you said this i'm not going to do an update..."

And as for me, I'd just like to say that you still haven't learned a goddamn thing!!

- The axe swinging master -

Edited by - Stubby on 10/28/2002 2:03:27 PM

KenPosted - 28 October 2002 18:18 PST
Hah hah, I actually pictured a response 99% exactly like that.. Just wasn't sure which of you (a couple of people) would do it.... Ohh, I'm scared now, maybe someone else will leave SDA and people will blame me for saying that..

lodisPosted - 29 October 2002 1:08 PST
if you expected it why did you do it?

anyway, there's not many demos done (well maybe enough for an update)...
there's just not as many demos anymore.
I don't know if people have stopped doing demos or if they're concentrating on the gib contest?
what's up guys? bored with speedrunning?

JozsefPosted - 29 October 2002 1:31 PST
unfortunately, yea...
NagasakiPosted - 29 October 2002 5:34 PST
Ya Hardcore?

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

Morfans2Posted - 29 October 2002 7:36 PST
Joe: Take some time off. I think everyone get's tired once in a while. Go lock yourself in a room with a stack of beer and a sweet young honey for a couple of months and then, when you're refreshed, come back stronger than ever.

I mean after the gib contest is over, obviously. ;-)

(update coming soon. why? because most people like watching demos and some are even kind enough to say they enjoy the updates. one person with limited interpersonal communication skills is not going to change that.)

De_VerorberaarPosted - 29 October 2002 12:54 PST
I've been checking the forums the last days expecting a "kennish"post...lol..lol..lol

there is a dutch saying "je laten kennen" and Ken did that once more! i don't realy know how to translate it to english..rutger help me out on this one!

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 29 October 2002 21:59 PST
hey morfy, i m not lazy, i m still working on a few demos. i just suck so it takes me a lot more time than others to make a demo. =P
HanzPosted - 30 October 2002 0:22 PST
Whenever I see a new update that doesn't contain a flag, it makes my day better by at least ~50%. Even updates without demos are okay :)

-SCUT-OpenGL, yeah, right. You just take your time so you can beat other people's records by at least 20 seconds.

Btw, maybe you could release a new map. That always gets people running again. Just take some random pick from TeamShambler that isn't in SDA yet. Or take a look at other maps in 100b and 100b2 contests than czg100b, czgtoxic, czg_moon and zippie_sda. Because those are short and nice to run..

lodisPosted - 30 October 2002 5:58 PST
oh I have a list of maps we want to add. All in due time....
First of all I don't want to disturb the gibbing contest...
Second, me and stubby have 2 ideas for something special but that'd some help from Nolan and he's a rather busy lad.
3rd, short maps are fun to run but generally optimised pretty fast...so if we add a short map it'd only last for a few days.
4th: ffs, there are loads of records you could improve. Go run damnit.
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 30 October 2002 6:18 PST
i hope to see maps of this kind:
1. medium-sized, a run in 30-60 seconds and a 100% in 1-2 minutes.
2. many route choices(like e2m2) to confuse the runners. ;-P
KenPosted - 30 October 2002 9:46 PST
Agree with that last reply. Demos over 2 mins are a pain to make. :)

timPosted - 30 October 2002 15:17 PST
any real good demo should take at least 40 minutes of just running in one recording :P

harden up ;)

HanzPosted - 31 October 2002 1:54 PST
>any real good demo should take at least 40 minutes of just running in one recording :P

I can do that kind of ER of E1M1 for you. I'm so talented

De_VerorberaarPosted - 31 October 2002 10:29 PST
i already suggested this map when there was a pole once and i think it's nice because:
-the length (medium)
-good difference between skill 0 and 3 though in general it is a bit to ez because there are a lot of items i believe all weapons quad and pent
-nickable keys
-a long lift ride to avoid or jump out

I think it is a map that's fun to do the route planning and to run and to do 100%

name is: Royalwar(riors)

i believe bsp name is royalwar and map name royalwarriors not sure don't have it at the moment, but i know it's not a unknown map seen it at several review site and i think i first got it at ftpcdromcom

Topic is 3 Pages Long:    1 2 3