Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
De_VerorberaarPosted - 11 October 2002 12:25 PST
isn't there a nolan for update of the year? I think we have a winner,thx morfans(2)

mwhPosted - 11 October 2002 16:21 PST
Yes, there is a nolan for update of the year, but there have been some hilarious ones so far... July 24 made me laugh so hard it hurt.

And, morfy, "big bunny skills"? You're taking the piss, right? I can't bunny to save my life...

De_VerorberaarPosted - 12 October 2002 2:56 PST
Morfy always takes the piss with anything even with his own todger..

Morfans2Posted - 14 October 2002 4:11 PST
I thought the bunny from the moving bridge to the cave entrance at the start was pretty fucking big. :-)
mwhPosted - 14 October 2002 8:07 PST
Hmm, I wouldn't say it was all that big.

OTOH, I can now easily get to the blue key in e1m2, so maybe I'm actually getting better at this business...

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 14 October 2002 8:30 PST
can you get the key in e2m2 too? that pisses me off. =\
mwhPosted - 14 October 2002 8:56 PST
Not even close, not even with hfr...
KenPosted - 14 October 2002 23:33 PST
I can jump over the slime on e1m1 with just 1 bunny, and I also did it with 1 bunny over the e4m3 gap in start room (harder than e1m1 slime IMO). e1m2 key jump is a baby jump compared to the e4m3 one. Not to mention the dm6 one (not possible with 1 bunny I think), as seen in the Markus demo.. that one requires some l33t skillz.

We live, as we dream - alone.

KenPosted - 14 October 2002 23:47 PST
Actually, they're kinda easy. I also remember a Markus demo on Nagasaky's of a long bunny in dm4... I did it in my first try, and even with wallhugs, it seemed pretty easy. e1m1 slime and e4m3 gap are harder, with 1 bunny at least.

Ya know what's funny? Peter once told me (long ago) that the only jump he never made was the dm6 one (maybe he didn't try it)... I got it in less than 10 tries, heh, it's not really that difficult.

The e2m2 jump is harder in my opinion, I've never done it.. never tried hard, but the times I've tried I haven't gotten close at all.. I suck at sloped bunnies.

JozsefPosted - 15 October 2002 1:53 PST
lemme share my opinion too.
e1m1 slipgate jump is pretty hard imo, at least with only one bunny, i'd say e4m3 is easier than that.
e2m2 and dm6 jumps are pretty equally hard, the main difference is that dm6 jump with only one bunny is 99.9% not possible (for me) but e2m2 slopebunny is.
the hardest bunny for me i've ever tried was in q1edge.bsp, to jump from crates to crates which are way easier in quake2...
De_VerorberaarPosted - 15 October 2002 3:40 PST
how about e2m6 is that considered a hard bunny?

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 15 October 2002 5:52 PST
okay... i m proud that i managed the e2m2 jump for at least a few times, WITHOUT HFR! unfortunately that trick in the hands of a lamer like me is totally helpless for a qdqwav improvement. :-\

anyway, there is no way you are as crap as i m, joe. =P

KenPosted - 15 October 2002 6:02 PST
Joz: What map is that???

Ver...: Yeah, at least for me, the e2m6 bunny is hard, at least for me.

De_VerorberaarPosted - 15 October 2002 14:57 PST
good i already thought it was just joes demos (on e2m6) who make it look so ez :)

timPosted - 15 October 2002 19:58 PST
someone should make a map like a long jump

so you have as much run up as you want but have to jump by some point and have a way to tell how far you land ..

or maybe have the landing as a moving platform .. or platforms that could be moved by buttons so as you got better you could put the platforms out further to test how good you are?? what do you guys think?

JozsefPosted - 16 October 2002 2:14 PST
Ken, you mean q1edge, right? It's a deathmatch map, conversation of q2dm1 (The Edge). I can't give you any URL now, but search for it, you should find it easily. Also, check sunet.se in the dm levels folder (or something like that...)
And about e2m6 jump: that's not hard ;)
Okay, it's not that easy like e1m1 or e4m3 jumps, but not hard at all (for me...)
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2