Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
Morfans2Posted - 1 October 2002 8:43 PST
...and the next contest is up!
mineraalPosted - 2 October 2002 10:18 PST
I don't know, maybe I'm the onlyone with this problem.

I have a busy job in the daytime, and several hobbies and people to attend to in the evening. I try to run as much as possible, but I'm also fond of DM. err.. having only a week or so to complete your run really is a very short time.
I have had a lot of trouble having e1m1 ready. maybe slowing it down??

was it the plan to remain at this rate for entire quake? if you do so, the quality of the "qdq-like" production would be lower then possible. 2 weeks a demo ??

If I am the only one, please, do shoot me. :P

Morfans2Posted - 3 October 2002 1:33 PST
Don't worry, the pace will slow slow down after this one. I thought e1m1 and e1m2 were easy enough to do in a week. The later levels, especially e1m3 and e1m4, will have a longer contest time.

And it definitely won't be the whole of Quake, it's episode one only. If someone else wants to try and organise the other episodes that's fine but there are quite a few levels that will just not be possible, IMHO. (Or much fun).

timPosted - 3 October 2002 4:50 PST
in think that every level apart from end SHOULD be possible :) all you really need is the thing from hipnotic so you can gib fish
De_VerorberaarPosted - 5 October 2002 6:35 PST
i was thinking since the outcome of the results gonna be op movie, shouldnt we use stats from the previous level winner?

StubbyPosted - 5 October 2002 7:27 PST
"shouldnt we use stats from the previous level winner?"

WE ARE!!

Dumbass :-)

- The axe swinging master -

mineraalPosted - 5 October 2002 9:24 PST
verorb: you give the dutch a bad name :))
De_VerorberaarPosted - 6 October 2002 5:48 PST
we should do lan rutger...should be fun

mineraalPosted - 6 October 2002 9:45 PST
verorb: you're on.. that would indeed be fun ;)
De_VerorberaarPosted - 7 October 2002 6:31 PST
ok date and place (geuss that will be yours or mine) and we're off...

mineraalPosted - 7 October 2002 9:33 PST
this is friendly right ??
Or should I bring a few of my overweight friend who all know several types of martial fighting arts and 3 different cooking styles from across the globe ?? :P
De_VerorberaarPosted - 8 October 2002 5:10 PST
teamplay 1
:P

amrikPosted - 8 October 2002 15:59 PST
Remember that you cannot have this contests on maps with fishies because they are ungibbable.
timPosted - 9 October 2002 14:04 PST
dumass that is what the hipnotic gibbable fish thing is for :P