Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
timPosted - 23 September 2002 2:22 PST
Just some useless background info here, can't remember whose idea it was originally but I think morfy and myself once competed against each other to do the 100% gibs of e1m1, that also included secrets, but since the monsters fight each other so much having to get those dull secrets really sucked. Also i think morfy had a better time than mine back then ... must have revenge :) I also made a similar demo in e2m1, and finally did ALL of ep1 marathon style, but using the cheated patch, so i had enough firepower to kill fiends, ogres etc without a quad. My time was 13:30

I also intended to do the remaining episodes but needed to use the hipnotic patch just so i could have gibbable fish, this meant though i couldnt' also use the cheated patch (as far as i knew) so i typed in god and impulse 9 at the start of each level, however I usually forgot to type god and gibbed myself alot.

It will be interesting to hear what the rest of you think of the gibbing, i can remember how frustrating it gets .. however it tests just how accurate your shots are :)

Morfans2Posted - 23 September 2002 3:22 PST
Tim : it was your idea originally and YES I BEAT YOU!!!! :-P

The main reason for ignoring secrets (as well as the frustration factor) is to try and make the potential routes in the later level as different from the regular 100% routes as possible. :-)

mineraalPosted - 23 September 2002 7:50 PST
I did e1m1 a few times now, and it's actually quite fun to do!

gr8 idea guys!

mineraalPosted - 23 September 2002 7:50 PST
I did e1m1 a few times now, and it's actually quite fun to do!

gr8 idea guys!

NagasakiPosted - 24 September 2002 2:00 PST
Is is this this the the new new era era of of double double posts posts ? ?

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

JozsefPosted - 24 September 2002 3:53 PST
awww damnit, shut up and plan a new trick contest at illminds's you nagger :P
Morfans2Posted - 24 September 2002 4:12 PST
I have any idea for a trick contest that would tax even Joe's skillz.

What you have to do is this:

Start on e4m1 with the RL. Then do a slope+barrel+rocket jump by the gold key door and get enough of a boost so that you land on top of the 3-shooty-button tower at the end of e2m4.

Now THAT would be a trick worth seeing. :-)

mineraalPosted - 24 September 2002 9:45 PST
my cat is strange..
mineraalPosted - 24 September 2002 22:53 PST
morfans update : "Remember that you have until Midnight CET to get your entries in."

err.. wasn't it supposed to end on the 29th ??

lodisPosted - 25 September 2002 1:14 PST
yeah morfy's just confused, check the contest page and it'll give you the correct date. The midnight CET part is correct though :)
StubbyPosted - 25 September 2002 1:15 PST
Yes, September 29th, Midnight CET :-)

- The axe swinging master -

Morfans2Posted - 25 September 2002 1:17 PST
LOL. Oops.

Can one of you guys correct that, please. :-)

StubbyPosted - 25 September 2002 2:24 PST
Fixed

- The axe swinging master -

NagasakiPosted - 25 September 2002 4:41 PST
Ok, let's see if I got that right: Start with a really big gun in your right (or, if you feel like beeing left-handed, in the left) hand, step on over to Morfy, aim as precise as possible between his sheets, recognize that there is just a blank hole, aim up like where you'd think is stomach would be located, unlock your (really, really big) gun, say something which would sound cool in this situation if this was a movie, whirl around and then shoot Jozsef right where he deserves it :-) But, please, make sure you are not coincidentally hanging around on e4m1 and are accidentally boosting him onto the top 3 towers at the end of e2m4, that would just be, you know, like a little mess up ;)

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

mineraalPosted - 25 September 2002 8:49 PST
what are the odds!
JozsefPosted - 26 September 2002 0:58 PST
hmmmm

we're gonna make that trick easily in a 3-player-cross-level-coop-trick-demo when i will visit Ati & Peter next summer ;-)

Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2