Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
timPosted - 23 September 2002 2:17 PST
Just some useless background info here, can't remember whose idea it was originally but I think morfy and myself once competed against each other to do the 100% gibs of e1m1, that also included secrets, but since the monsters fight each other so much having to get those dull secrets really sucked. Also i think morfy had a better time than mine back then ... must have revenge :) I also made a similar demo in e2m1, and finally did ALL of ep1 marathon style, but using the cheated patch, so i had enough firepower to kill fiends, ogres etc without a quad. My time was 13:30

I also intended to do the remaining episodes but needed to use the hipnotic patch just so i could have gibbable fish, this meant though i couldnt' also use the cheated patch (as far as i knew) so i typed in god and impulse 9 at the start of each level, however I usually forgot to type god and gibbed myself alot.

It will be interesting to hear what the rest of you think of the gibbing, i can remember how frustrating it gets .. however it tests just how accurate your shots are :)