Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
StubbyPosted - 8 August 2002 5:35 PST
Just curious if anyone is interrested in a new Championship on SDA? If there was to be one, then I think it's safe to say that the point system will be changed dramaticly. I'm not sure if it's worth the effort to make a new Championship though, it seems that the interrest for the ROTW contests dropped a bit towards the end. And it will also be hard to come up with new ideas for contests.

So what do you guys think? Another Championship or not?

- The axe swinging master -

RobertPosted - 8 August 2002 6:06 PST
I think a new championship would be great!
With new maps like The Janitor, Natural born hoppers, 100m...

Put in a category for girls then ;)

mineraalPosted - 8 August 2002 11:18 PST
more collectathons!

but yes.. a new championship would be great.. and this time.. I'd compete..

JozsefPosted - 8 August 2002 12:30 PST
Only one title isn't enough ;)

Use f1 points Stubby!!!!

timPosted - 8 August 2002 14:45 PST
if there is another one have a huge variety of tasks .. and collectathons?? more like wankathons .. dont' bother there :P

hmm how about if there are different places to compete, like for the ferraris (maybe spelt wrong) and possibly another for the classic V8s, after all they are both good cars but shouldn't be compared against each other

mineraalPosted - 10 August 2002 3:01 PST
you speak in strange tongues. ugh ;)

you should make an official ranking with classes, class 1 is for the ferrari's (=]) and the v8's are scattered over other groups, and the first 2 will progress en the last to will degrade to a lower class...

this way you would have even bigger competition.

timPosted - 11 August 2002 4:52 PST
so its sorta like the rugby National Provincial Championship here, first division is professional class players whose job is the game, second division is like the ones who didn't quite make the top but they still love the game and put in all the hard work.

3rd division is for the inbreds whose training consists of drinking games, and if you survive friday night to turn up to the game you are doing well.

But whatever happens as long as I can compete with Morfy I'll be happy .. still waiting for that e2m1 bunny comp demo :) i'm not improving mine till you enter

mineraalPosted - 11 August 2002 9:00 PST
you make is sound so wonderful.
DennPosted - 14 August 2002 11:07 PST
I vote for new ROTW!! =)
It would be a very good thing!