Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 1 August 2002 21:59 PST
i really did some demos for this last contest and though i m not satisfied with them yet, i could have ended up with around 50 points if i had submitted them(er 0:23, eh 0:25, nr 0:24 and nh 0:31). why didn't i had a careful look at the deadline? i just thought it would be Aug 8th since some previous contests lasted two weeks...

Edited by - -SCUT-OpenGL on 8/1/2002 10:16:10 PM

timPosted - 2 August 2002 17:25 PST
its called "Daniel Andersson Syndrome"
in order for this to never happen again when you have a cool demo, type "stop" in the console, exit game, rename demo, email to stubbz, try to improve if you want :)

p.s. i agree you are a dumbass for doing that ;)

Edited by - tim on 8/2/2002 9:34:56 PM

KenPosted - 3 August 2002 12:29 PST
That happened to me in that Elin map. I would've been cool in all the categories, but didn't send. :/
And here I would've gained some points as well, but not many, that's why I didn't send. I suck at this map, and the GJ off the second grunt is too hard for me, requires a too big turn for me.

We live, as we dream - alone.

KenPosted - 3 August 2002 12:32 PST
Oh, I just noticed something. In that Elin contest, I'd have been exactly behind Martin in all 3 categories, heh heh. Well, I remember my ER was 9.40 but dunno the other decimals, maybe I'd have been ahead of him in that one. Damn I should've submitted. :P
Still no clue of how some people got so fast in that map.

Martin SelinusPosted - 3 August 2002 13:08 PST
Actually, I think you were faster than me in the ER. Too bad you didn't submit :)
KenPosted - 3 August 2002 22:30 PST
Damn! I would have LOVED to be faster than you in something. :P

timPosted - 4 August 2002 0:15 PST
just a reminder that I owned Martin in the e2m4 low grav grenade contest :)
such a day may not happen again or for a long time, so i have to remember this forever :)
Martin SelinusPosted - 4 August 2002 2:12 PST
Haha
I still have nightmares about that horrible contest :)
KenPosted - 5 August 2002 15:07 PST
That contest was plain bad! Seriously. Anyways, I remember Lindberg told me his time and he would have won, but didn't submit. The cheated demo by that guy seemed too good to be true, heh heh. He bounced those grenades as if it was Jozsef playing!!

timPosted - 5 August 2002 22:57 PST
i dont' think that contest was plain bad, in fact i have had the most contest fun while trying that contest. I started with one route and 2 minutes, then changed routes and tactics alot, took alot of time off, it was alot of fun and i enjoyed all the other demos
KenPosted - 6 August 2002 16:46 PST
"All other demos", Tim? You mean you liked al 3 or so? :P

RobertPosted - 8 August 2002 6:01 PST
Yeah, the Elin map... Such a beautiful map :)
"Feels Like Flying"

Damn, that i didnt come first place in that contest, on all categories, I MADE THE MAP GOD DAMNIT!!! B-)