Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 28 June 2002 4:39 PST
for the quickstart problem in e2m2 and e2m5, have you tried using sr50? or you have already used it but still couldn't defeat that 0.12 seconds delay?
xit_vonoPosted - 29 June 2002 17:51 PST
Haha, well 29 seconds for e2m5 is certainly not optimal in a ddqr run. Adam H has 27 from scratch so he could easily get 28 in a ddqr run now. 27 would probably be too hard to be worth attempting without startup. The players didn't get those times because they weren't skillful enough at the time.
Adam HegyiPosted - 2 July 2002 6:08 PST
What xit_vono said.

Also, the engine we used for recording DOOM Done Quicker has a less precise mouse code which results in worse performance runs (this is based on my own and Adam Williamson's experience). It was always harder to get the same time in DOOM Done Quicker than in normal DOOM speedruns.

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 2 July 2002 7:11 PST
but my question is: since the quickstart problem in ddqstats makes it difficult to get the same time as the compete-n record, did you try to compensate that disadvantage with sr50 in qdqr? or you already used it but still couldn't get 0:14 in e2m2/0:28 in e2m5?
xit_vonoPosted - 2 July 2002 22:18 PST
heh well the e2m2 speed at the time was a 14.77, so that .12 second delay is a bit of a lousy excuse :) Well, as for strafe50, I know Adam doesn't like to use it, but I better shut up now.