Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
KenPosted - 19 April 2002 12:37 PST
Who do you think has played the Most hours of Quake in his life?

My vote goes to... Jozsef Szalontai! He must have played like.. daily, 20 hours a day on 2001! Who do you think has played the most?
Markus once assured he had played more than anyone in '99 .. but apparently he didnt play ever since. :) .. Peter plays like he has played a lot too! Martin looks like he played a lot too. Optic must have played a lot to have 100,000,000 records.

We live, as we dream - alone.

Fiendy FriendPosted - 22 April 2002 2:50 PST
i wont come far if you only count speedrunning but when you add all botmatches (not so much) and espefcialy all the time playing ctf or dm online ( bout 3 to 4 years of my life my main occupation ) i would get quite some hours... i quite often saw myself ranked #1 at the server stats page..no not to often for most frags..nor most fragged...nor most captures...junkie of the week titles were more my style :)
JozsefPosted - 22 April 2002 6:29 PST
I dont play much, Ken.
Only that phallusy :28 was the one demo that made me crazy, becoz I hate if I screw something up for the 20th time or something similar....
For example, I got e1m5 :16 after 4-5 hours (Seperated to two days). And I dont like to spend much time on demos, I usually make the records quick, less than 8-10 hours, and I dont play more than 1-1.5 hours constantly these days, I rather take breaks often, coz I can play better after then. Also, my hands starts to strain sooner then before, but, oh well, It;s not that serious at all :)
Probably it's even better that I need to leave home on weekdays and not be able to play Quake, becoz otherwise I couldn't keep myself away from running even more crazier :) ehh ehh
KenPosted - 22 April 2002 12:20 PST
Oh, I thought you plade more, Joz. Cool. :)

NagasakiPosted - 27 April 2002 4:51 PST
I wonder who's been talking the most crap ever? Or who do you think has thought most about senseless things in his life?

Unfortunately, I'm in the delicious situation of having a life, otherwise I would have probably tried to figure out yet.

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 27 April 2002 5:17 PST
who else can rival me when it comes to the most crap one ever? and when there is a the nolans 2002, don't forget to vote me for the fool of the year! =)
JozsefPosted - 29 April 2002 7:32 PST
We won't give you this favour :)
KenPosted - 29 April 2002 16:32 PST
People who brag so much about "having" a life are usually the ones that try really hard to have one, but deep inside they know they don't. Hell, I dunno why I write this, you're not even worth a response, Nagasaki.

timPosted - 29 April 2002 19:00 PST
you can almost smell the sexual tension in here ;)
NagasakiPosted - 29 April 2002 22:28 PST
Nice theories, Ken, but you're missing the tiny point that I don't have to prove anything in these fucking boards, and especially not to you.

It's funny to see you jumping on the next train like a horny dog on a wet kitten. :)

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002

timPosted - 30 April 2002 2:35 PST
can you translate that last message to something i can understand ingmar :)
NagasakiPosted - 30 April 2002 8:48 PST
Uhmm, well I'll try my best:

You don't have to take RA, the rj to the silver key is easy enough without it. Catch the ogre's grenade and shot the three buttons, proceed to slopejump and do a curl into the tube which brings you to NG and GK. After that, pick up the nails and kill the shambler. Finally a big barrelboosted bunny to the exit. Any questions?

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002

MorfansPosted - 1 May 2002 0:12 PST
That's all very well, but I'm still a little unclear on...

>> jumping on the next train like a horny dog on a wet kitten.

...although I liked the expression so much I've just used it in an e-mail at work.

NagasakiPosted - 2 May 2002 12:24 PST
See?

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002