Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
Fiendy FriendPosted - 18 April 2002 8:30 PST
one of my favorite not-by-sda-hosted-map is royalwar..(it should be at ftp.cdrom) maybe even it was on TS long ago..did anyone ever did runs on it? especialy on 100%'s it has some nice routeplanning imo
timPosted - 18 April 2002 15:23 PST
cdrom.com stopped hosting quake stuff and all other stuff that doesn't make them money now dont' they?
shame so many old links point there
lodisPosted - 19 April 2002 1:28 PST
I believe you can find it at ftp.sunet.com.
And yeah, the map is pretty good, a bit boring in the design department though.
SnooPPosted - 19 April 2002 16:40 PST
a more specific link:
http://ftp.sunet.se/ftp/pub/pc/games/idgames2
HanzPosted - 21 April 2002 17:00 PST
I did the easy run in 0:44 just a while ago. It's pretty rough, at least 6 seconds could be shaved away with the same route =). And the last two medipacks I take aren't necessary, but it leaves you with very little health, around 5.

Edited by - Hanz on 4/21/2002 5:12:22 PM

Fiendy FriendPosted - 22 April 2002 2:24 PST
grr i got 45...though maybe a different route..that's wwhy i like it...i quad rj out of the lava after i dipped in to get goldkey..i geuss you quad rjéd up to the button?
Fiendy FriendPosted - 22 April 2002 2:43 PST
aw you..didnt..in fact i fly of the quad rj straight back to the lift..your bunnies are much better...try to do the quadrj against the wall at the back instead of the bottom of the lava pit...then drop your quad and just rj to the exit..oh can't drop quads in q1:)

how about same route but with the penta after you made the door block by the knights then quad-rj around and then you would be able to do that last quadrj to the gold-door...or maybe it could be done 100 200..seems hard loose a lot on that lava :(

did i hear someone say something about the design of the map? what's wrong with it? i geuss something is wrong with whoevere said that i geuss that person uses (excuse me but i'll need to use dirty words now) glquake (puke, puke)and high resolutions (vomit vomit...hey thah dark redish thing is that my liver wich just travelled along with my breakfast?)

i always thought there should be a coop mod in where you could throw weapons powerups and keys to each other but that's a different subject...

HanzPosted - 22 April 2002 5:42 PST
Now I did the easy 100% in 1:30. The only important thing was to get the lift rising as fast as possible, since the bars that block you from yellow key are triggered by the same trigger.
HanzPosted - 22 April 2002 16:17 PST
And here's nightmare 100% in 1:50. No big mistakes but I played kinda bad in the bottom floor before getting the gold key. Yea, I like the map ;)

Edited by - Hanz on 4/22/2002 4:18:11 PM