Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
ShamblerPosted - 3 April 2002 8:24 PST
Surely the joke in that SDA news item was Morfy's bollocks about "the other two (Sgodrune) maps are not running friendly so don't send in any demos for them"??

Perhaps he was hallucinating from too much Easter chocolate, as I distinctly remember an 0:22 of Sgodrun1 with a huge shortcut via various slope jumps being posted right here.

Edited by - Shambler on 4/3/2002 8:28:15 AM

MorfansPosted - 3 April 2002 14:10 PST
It could have been the chocolate, or the beer, but when I checked your ex-site I didn't spot the very obvious review and speed run.

Excellent short cut and a use of a bug, but when I said the map wasn't good for running on I really meant "this map is fucking dull to 100% on due to long set pieces that I couldn't find a way to skip at all."

So the only fool around here is you, Shambles, because... because... errr... because... your mum's cock smells of, errr, your earwax. Where she tried to fuck some sense into you. errr... probably. :-)

Seriously, it was my mistake not noticing the run, but I still think the map sucks, especially compared to sgodrun2. And we're trying not to include sucky maps any more so off the archive it stays.

ShamblerPosted - 4 April 2002 2:15 PST
Fair enough, I did think of that after posting. Doesn't Sgodrun2 have some annoying-for-running setpieces too tho?? Like the ship with nails and stuff?? I suppose they aren't as bad as Sgodrun, they're mostly elaborate ambushes IIRC...