Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
xit_vonoPosted - 3 March 2002 21:43 PST
I think it would be cool to have a sort of no-rules quake done quick. By that I mean that you can use whatever programs/methods you want. This does NOT allow use of cheat codes such as godmode, but host framerate is allowed.
HanzPosted - 16 March 2002 1:59 PST
I doubt a HFR run would be that much faster. Many QdQWav runs were already quite optimal.
Fiendy FriendPosted - 16 March 2002 4:19 PST
is it posible to demos in parts? i mean record a part then at somepoint save the game (like in a situation where the monsters are cooperating like it's your birthday or in front of a real hard part) then record just like you would do with a multiplayergame then load the savegame then do that insane hard trick where you need a fiendpush to ogregj to shambler boost to strave around that corner and etc etc;) and then pasting the dems together. Maybe the id runs are already to good and even with use of that there wouldnt be to much to be saved but with 100% it would be very nice (i use to save at some points just to see how much you can loose or win by doing taht particular part good or bad so i get an indication what time would be a good time for me just to set myself an aim orr if the move is just very hard try it a 100 times just to get used to the trick befor i start recording)and you could do so many after intermission kills ofcourse:) i would stilll love to see a realy realy incredible "just before you exit bounce a (quad)grenade to i dont know where and how the fuck that last monster(s) got there kills" well maybe there are some that i cant recall or missed to bad you cant throw grenades from the AIMP. And i still would like to see or even better find a nice AIMD(ischarge). Oh something i found out prolly already known to many but i never saw any discussion about it when you exit an episode you can AIMN (or shaft) much longer i geuss its the same with end maps never tried it cuz there no real use on "end"

orbs controllers:ORBS SHUT UP!

orbs:ok..

Fiendy FriendPosted - 16 March 2002 4:25 PST
so is there already ever been someone who made a speedrunning bot? would be funny to see an ai evolve that realy logicaly solves a map
KenPosted - 17 March 2002 8:56 PST
Speedrunning bot! I like the idea..

We live, as we dream - alone.

SnooPPosted - 19 March 2002 0:13 PST
I used the reaper bot to do a 4 second run of spring2 (download in the improvements somewhere). I am guessing it could not be counted as a valid coop record?
NagasakiPosted - 20 March 2002 12:37 PST
Damn, that fiend fiend friend blah guy is writing a lot!

Just wanted to say that I think coding a speedrunning-bot would with a 99.9% possibility be far from successful.

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

Fiendy FriendPosted - 21 March 2002 10:01 PST
true spamming is not about doing a lot of little posts it's proving that your 100% fulll of bulshit 24/7
NagasakiPosted - 6 April 2002 2:59 PST
Uh - did I step on someone's ego?

Heck, I'd even claim a speedrunning-bot with, let's say, Markus' skillz to be IMPOSSIBLE to code.

Feel free to prove the opposite.

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/