Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
SnooPPosted - 3 March 2002 21:25 PST
I was having a go at the contest map 'elin' yesterday and I found some interesting things with fiend damage on different tries.

I got hit by the fiend before doing the grenade jump and lose 40 - 50 (thereabouts.
get hit by fiend... 90 - 100 damage (dead)
get hit by fiend... gibbed.

In none of these situations did a fire a grenade at the fiend.

Can someone please explain fiend damage? it appears from results I got that sometimes it is multiplied, other not.

mwhPosted - 4 March 2002 3:19 PST
Dunno exactly what causes it, but when recording for the e4m4 mini-rotw I got caught between a fiend and a wall and went 195->dead in a fraction of a second. I was quite impressed.
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 12 March 2002 7:46 PST
i have also experienced being gibbed by a fiend(200 damage at least), and i think it is simply a problem of randomness(either a bug, or intended by id).
Fiendy FriendPosted - 13 March 2002 10:21 PST
look at my e3m5(?)windtunnelsnaked run and see what a fiend can do fiend but a scrag can do the same i once had ra and somewwhere between 100 (on e4m7) and 200 health and i hit a spawn that got stuck in a push trigger....so dead
you can make fiends land on the shamblers head on the same map (room with q and teleport in water) shambler takes lots of damage...and if you get it perfect and the fiend stays on the shamb...tada! should have that on demo somewhere
:)
on
Fiendy FriendPosted - 13 March 2002 10:28 PST
oh about the subject... i think its like this:

the fiend's jump attack does around 50 damage and if it lands on your head your fucked...

Fr3nPosted - 13 March 2002 10:48 PST
Fiends can do multiples of their ordinary damage if they hit you while falling (the fiend falling, not you =)). Don't know what other circumstances cause it.
Martin SelinusPosted - 13 March 2002 10:55 PST
I think the speed you have towards the fiend is also important. The fiend in e4m3 (after the silverkey) will most of the times kill you, even if you have around 90 health. I think that's because the high speed from the double gj.
amrikPosted - 18 March 2002 12:12 PST
In case you don't remember I submitted a demo (sgc5 or something) with a dog killing me in one hit ;)