Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 26 February 2002 6:04 PST
sometime ago i had suggested a "quake done old fashioned", running the "id intended" route through the game, without using any tricks, and now i have finally started working on it. after several days working, i finally managed e1m1_031, e1m2_040, e1m3_111 and e1m4_046. ok maybe no one would be interested enough to look at it, but that's what a lamer like me can do. =P
VerorberaarPosted - 26 February 2002 7:09 PST
i once started a project quake done "gentle"
trying to finish all off quake without getting hurt

2 maps are still not gentle..the drop to the end in e1m7 (5 damage)
and e2m5 the cage ride...i think someone with a lot of skill could pull this one of naked though... i even think you can jump (in the room where the cage starts) from the middle flooor to highest floor when using the slope wich connects the two floors..i can ge the jump when i slightly modify the fysics...something i used to do to get the hard jumps on for instance e3m1 to..or maybe someone bunny's so fast he can get all the way around and still have enough suit left to do the cageride..

else solve both maps by cooping and just making sure that the one who exit's the map had 0 damage

(for e1m7 just land on other player e2m5 one touches cage while other alrady in position with the goldkey in his pocket to exit the map)

KenPosted - 26 February 2002 10:35 PST
Scut: Quake done Old Fashioned sounds pretty cool, but your times dont. e1m1 0:31? What did you do? Does your project also involves no bunnies? Or bunnies and tricks and everything, but using the route the maps are 'intented' to be run with?

If you can bunny and do pushes and stuff, I think it's a neat project! I'd be part of it, but I suck. :) But if there is a map u cant do fast, let me know.. I know for sure I can destroy the times you mentioned from scratch. :P .. And the "good" runners wont probably bother to record such project.

We live, as we dream - alone.