Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 26 February 2002 5:54 PST
in qdq projects you don't do it ASAP, but i m just curious to know how fast it can get.

select nightmare skill and enter the teleporter to episode 1, my best time is only 12.4, i think 11.x should be possible if i can drop from the water directly into the nightmare corridor instead of on the log, but had only managed that for very few times. well, will someone try for 10.x? =\

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 26 February 2002 7:24 PST
ok i realized this topic totally dumb so please don't reply to it. =/

i have done 11.95.

KenPosted - 26 February 2002 11:11 PST
It's not that dumb, I had tried before, but cheated (RJ...) I remember doing the Easy hallway to ep1 in 4 secs, it was soooo hard, but back then I was bad, and had bad fps, now 4 shouldn't be too hard, close to 3 (or maybe 3?) should be doable.

I tried for 10 mins some of the start map... maybe less, but I did 3 demos, you can ask me for 'em if u want..

Nightmare hall to ep1 - 11.80, low 12's are rather easy, but the 11 took 3 mins or so. I couldnt land in front of the Nightmare door step.. 10 might be possible, but I sure as hell can't do it.

Easy door to ep3 - 9.89 .. just for kicks.

Easy door to ep1 - 5.98, just played 2 mins or so 'till I got 5.

Of course all this times are far from optimal, but it'd be hard to shave off a full sec of any of 'em.

We live, as we dream - alone.

RadixPosted - 26 February 2002 23:28 PST
Haha except one of (the only?) QdQstats bug is that the time printed on the start map is slightly wrong! Use demfps on a recorded demo to see the real time... it's usually 0.02 seconds more. So that 5.98 was probably 6.00x.
lodisPosted - 27 February 2002 2:19 PST
You've left bugs in your code Nolan? :)

any other fun bugs we should be aware of?

/thomas

SnooPPosted - 28 February 2002 1:38 PST
I know of a bug. not a very good one but a bug nonetheless.
www.geocities.com/snoopquake/ih1m2r.zip