Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
Daniel. APosted - 23 February 2002 7:14 PST
i started this thread cause i was curious what speedrunners you have met IRL. me, carl, johan, PB and hansson met stubby today as he was on his way to his dad and were passing through Uddevalla :) it was fun as hell but it was hard to express all the emotions that were bubbling up inside. he seems like a boy in a grown mans body :)
minwaterPosted - 25 February 2002 15:07 PST
what? MEETING PEOPLE? actual living humans?
Daniel. APosted - 25 February 2002 15:32 PST
well... yea?
Fr3nPosted - 25 February 2002 18:49 PST
I haven't met Stubby but I think one of these days I'm going to call him during ShortFuseRadio
MorfansPosted - 25 February 2002 23:14 PST
I've never met anyone. Ever.
lodisPosted - 26 February 2002 1:19 PST
I've met Daniel "Max_Rebo" Magnusson a few times.

I've never met Morfans. I will deny it no matter what evidence you might have. The mere suggestion shocks me.

/thomas

VerorberaarPosted - 26 February 2002 6:47 PST
i have never ben analy eviscarated by any runner..no mather what evidence you'll bring up i denie!
messiahPosted - 26 February 2002 12:09 PST
I'm almost sure i have met daniel...or?? maybe it was his mom?? nah it must have been him...? and yea!! i met amrik once too HAHAHAHAHA

/ Jonny

StubbyPosted - 1 March 2002 9:44 PST
"he seems like a boy in a grown mans body"

What the....?!?! :)

Seriously, it was great fun meeting you guys in real life. It was hard to start a meaningful conversation though, but I think we managed okay....I'll post the pictures my brother took as soon as I get them myself.

Johan: did your new shoes fit? :)

- The axe swinging master -

timPosted - 6 March 2002 6:59 PST
I am planning a big trip of the world one day and visiting lots of countries/ppl including some runners, what I need to know is at this stage, who is even vaguely interested in meeting me :)

It will be a few years away at least but i'll be travelling one day.

It will also help to know which countries to visit and in which order etc.

so yeah, if your thinking hmm that sounds like a good idea than either reply to this or email me at hello_timo@hotmail.com

btw at the mo my plan is go to aussie/US/whatever is the closest part of europe/then maybe swim down to amrik ;)

Daniel. APosted - 9 March 2002 4:11 PST
come to sweden!
amrikPosted - 10 March 2002 4:57 PST
are you sure you can handle the swim down to here? :)
amrikPosted - 10 March 2002 4:57 PST
btw jonny you didnt meet me that was a hologram

Edited by - amrik on 3/10/2002 5:01:39 AM

MorfansPosted - 10 March 2002 5:27 PST
It was Hologramrik.

Sorry.

timPosted - 10 March 2002 11:51 PST
so i got sweden on the list
where else guys?
lodisPosted - 11 March 2002 1:11 PST
Sweden is close to finland and denmark so meeting up with stubby and ilkka would be a good idea. On the other hand I'm sure we can convince them to come to sweden instead :)
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2