Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
KenPosted - 18 February 2002 11:51 PST
First of all, I'd like to say that this is by no means an offensive post. Thomas Stubgaard is an awesome player, and so is Daniel Magnusson. I respect them both, and I wish they take this post nicely, and nobody (please, Ingmar, don't) comes here saying I said they suck, and defending them and insulting me... coz this is not what I'm trying to say here.

My point is.. e1m1 1:05 is an amazing demo, I never thought the old 1:13 could be improved by that much, Daniel did an awesome job. Same with e1m2 1:06! I knew the 1:10 by Alex was improvable, but by 4 fat seconds? Damn. Amazing demo, and I've always had a thing for the NH of e1m2 (one of the first things I tried).

BUT.. Am I the only one who believes Peter Horvath's e4m2 1:17 is MUCH more amazing, and was probably WAYYYY harder to record than the demos mentioned above? I couldn't believe it didn't get a Nolan nomination.. I find e4m2 1:17 to be an unbelievable demo, there are some neat tricks, including a voreball jump, and a double vore ball jump, all of this running out of ammo, and going fast as hell.. It's strange, why didn't more people liked that demo as much as I (and I'm sure others!) did?

We live, as we dream - alone.

StubbyPosted - 18 February 2002 14:11 PST
"I couldn't believe it didn't get a Nolan nomination"

Why do you think it wasn't nominated for a Nolan?!?!

It's because it WASN'T freaking done in 2001, dumbass!!!

Shame on you for posting crap like this....

- The axe swinging master -

KenPosted - 18 February 2002 16:18 PST
Oops... My bad. You're right, shame on me. :/ .. I hope not many people laugh at me with this...

StubbyPosted - 18 February 2002 22:22 PST
Hehe :-)

- The axe swinging master -

timPosted - 19 February 2002 3:19 PST
hehehhehehehehehehe :P

although the reason you are prolly thinking that e4m2 demo is better was the bigger/harder monsters in it, compared to say a lot of piss easy grunts dogs

and what is more fun to watch, a shambler get wasted or a few pissy dogs ??

MorfansPosted - 19 February 2002 3:33 PST
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

That has made my day, thanks Ken.

Personally, e4m2_117 is probably my favourite ever demo. I'm so sad that even now I probably watch it every couple of weeks. :-)

KenPosted - 19 February 2002 10:48 PST
Morfy: Don't say you're sad, there's nothing to be ashamed of, I also watch cool demos all the time, over and over. And not just me, great players like Jozsef have told me he watches some demos over and over. Not gonna mention which demo here coz maybe he doesnt want to make it public. :P But we all droll over some demos.. :)

JozsefPosted - 20 February 2002 3:12 PST
All of Markus's demos, all of Peter's demos and Daniel's ONE AND ONLY e2m4_121!!!!!
Why? Of course, becoz of the _loose_ style, man! :)
NagasakiPosted - 20 February 2002 12:01 PST
Don't mind Ken, I think I've also submitted e4m2 as a vote during the nominations ;) This one and e2m4 are truly the best 100s on SDA ever :} Hail Daniel!

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

KenPosted - 20 February 2002 19:08 PST
Damn! Ingmar loves it too? I didn't know his demo had such a huge impact on people.. :P He told he would do each of those quaded RJs once every few tries, but getting ALL of 'em right in one same run was a real bitch.

This dude is not only admirable for his Quake skills (and his 'loose' style, Jozsef :P), he told me his record for straight days being wasted is like 16 !! Oh my God! I don't think I'll ever come even close to that.. But I'd like to give it a shot. :P

It'd be cool if Quake counted the ammount of times people watch a certain demo, heh, then we could know which demo has been watched the most and stuff..

NagasakiPosted - 21 February 2002 7:09 PST
How long did SC2K+1 last yet again? This was probably my personal record :P

Looking at guys like Marlo (who seems to be wasted 24-7) this can't be very much tho :)

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

Edited by - Nagasaki on 2/21/2002 7:14:28 AM