Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
EmperorPosted - 20 January 2002 9:36 PST
as you can see in the following demo ... the box can be used quite good.
note : notarget was put on

http://users.pandora.be/killcreek/files/be1m1.dem

in order to do this you need green armor at the beginning .
I tried a couple of times to do the whole run with taking GA at the beginning and do that barrel boost but i cant get it below 30 secs wich is bad :(

maybe some pro's can handle this ???

Greetz
Wim Loones

messiahPosted - 20 January 2002 10:02 PST
I have got :23.5 with the explobox boost
KenPosted - 20 January 2002 15:54 PST
You can do the explotion without armor, just with 100 health, which you will always have.. Just step away from it, and shoot it, you'll see, you're left with like 10 health or less.

Same as a quaded boost, you can do one with 100 health and no armor, just fire away from you, and you'll be left with about 5 health or so, but you'll still get a GOOD boost.

amrikPosted - 20 January 2002 16:47 PST
ken's right. you can do a boost with 100 health, but don't put the explosion too close to you.

- Amrik
amrikkochhar@hotmail.com

Fr3nPosted - 20 January 2002 21:16 PST
but who can make it to the third button without taking ten points of damage?
minwaterPosted - 21 January 2002 1:16 PST
I think that is a question of luck, you never know when you are about to be boosted by a grunt or whatever. It would be cool to see though.
I tried it about a million times, but yet again, hardly make it too the box ;P

- (c) Mineraal Water 2002 -
35% reduction on cave insurance deductibles!

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 21 January 2002 3:31 PST
yes, health is surely a problem... but shouldn't you try it on skill0 first? and see sergi's 0:25 nr, it is not only fast but also leaves with as much as 84 health.
VerorberaarPosted - 21 January 2002 4:39 PST
I tried it one night and i get always stuck behind the bridge..how are you supposed to keep under it and still have speed to get over the slime..couldnt find the proper line
KenPosted - 21 January 2002 7:40 PST
I dont think anyone will do it in skill 3.. seems too hard.
minwaterPosted - 21 January 2002 23:23 PST
Never say it can't be done, or some bastard will go on and do it ;P
But it seems too hard. Even on skill 0 it's a bitch..

- (c) Mineraal Water 2002 -
35% reduction on cave insurance deductibles!

VerorberaarPosted - 22 January 2002 5:45 PST
pff on skill 3...then again yeah we're mad enough to make use from it in a skill 3 100%
:)
KenPosted - 22 January 2002 10:39 PST
I always thought if you could use the damned box to get up to that secret with the Nail Gun, it would save some time for the EH, coz then the only difference would be taking the Bio Suit but that makes u lost like 1 sec only, and a boost to the secret would save more than that. But I don't think it's possible, sucks.