Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
minwaterPosted - 11 January 2002 5:21 PST
I just broke my record non-stop quakeing.. (12 obots in dm6 and skill 0 and deathmatch 3)

I quaked for 15,5 consecutive hours.
made 2421 frags, I died 424 times (=]),
and made 1 grenade jump. Those things aren't very usefull in DM...

I do this all the time when I'm depressed.
my previous record was 11 hours..

LOL ;P

HanzPosted - 11 January 2002 9:08 PST
OMG. My longerst bot match is maybe only 1 hour.
MorfansPosted - 11 January 2002 9:21 PST
Min. Did you record it? I'd like to watch that demo. :-)

I used to do something similar when I was feeling low or couldn't sleep except I was never into DM / botmatches. I used to play TeamFortress for 10-12 hours at a time, only stopping when I ran out of beer and stuff to smoke.

I'm happy to say I haven't done that for about 3 years, and kinda sad I haven't too....

Fr3nPosted - 11 January 2002 9:21 PST
uh. shit man. I've never botmatched for over an hour or played netquake for over 3 back in the day when I still played MP. I did once join a server where the scores were all in the 400-500 range and they'd been playing e1m7 for several hours though...

you need help dude ;P

RobertPosted - 11 January 2002 13:35 PST
Damn! But is there anyone who can break my recording-marathon? I recorded on the same map for 5,5 straight hours, finaly i got 0:39 on e2m5 =) That was cruel. Shitty that there is a 0:38 now.
timPosted - 11 January 2002 22:40 PST
i thought it was 37?
KenPosted - 11 January 2002 23:34 PST
Jozsef played much more than 5.5 straight hours on the same map, Robert.

Jozsef played over 11 hours, according to his txt file.

Jozsef not only played 11 straight hours, but it was on a custom map!

Jozsef not only played 11 straight hours for a custom map record, but he later improved it.

I'm talking about phallusy of course.

RobertPosted - 12 January 2002 3:14 PST
tim:
Yeah might be 37 even. =)

Ken: Yeah, strange he survived that. :)
I would never do it again though.

NagasakiPosted - 12 January 2002 5:31 PST
Damn dudes have you never been on a LAN? My personal record non-stop quakeing is 21h pure speedrunning (when I did my first ever Ep1 NR, you can download it on my site) and 16h for DM (LAN), constant Q2 CTF.

I bet there are tons of people who have played more than 24h straight several times aready... just think about those hardcore gamers!

Oh, well e2m5... I don't wanna know the total time I spent on this map, heading for 0:38. It must be a noteable percentage of my life.

[AK]Naga$akeY 2002
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/illMind/

minwaterPosted - 12 January 2002 6:54 PST
Playing on a LAN with cool people to play against is not the same as playing to dull anoying bots that do the same move over and over again. ARGH..

I didn't record it, but I'm bound to beat the record =] (personal record, that is =]) I will record that!

ShamblerPosted - 13 January 2002 2:57 PST
"I do this all the time when I'm depressed."

You thought about taking drugs instead?? Or committing suicide?? Or something

Having said that I did try the first A3 run for 9 hours pretty much continually....I was depressed after that heh...

MorfansPosted - 13 January 2002 3:52 PST
"You thought about taking drugs instead??"

INSTEAD?? *tsch* Talk about limiting your options. Don't people know how to multi-task any more?

minwaterPosted - 13 January 2002 9:06 PST
I'm like friggin' windows. But I don't use drugs, drugs are bad for you!

(Smartdrugs, weed, stuff and other psycho-active feedingsupplements are not seen as drugs!) ;P

minwaterPosted - 13 January 2002 9:08 PST
in fact, they are legal in Holland =]

I AM SO HAPPY TO BE DUTCH!!!!!!!!!!

willPosted - 13 January 2002 12:13 PST
I remember spending 5-6 hours doing mad coop on Jesse's and Gunnar's servers, that was awesome fun, much more fun than over a lan!
VerorberaarPosted - 14 January 2002 5:48 PST
I once played quake (yes i went to the toilet from time to time) from the mokment i woke up (4 in the afternoon) until i found ou that i had to schhool,was already to late, was already finished, should already be there again was finished already again and then till 4 o clock at night....yes 24+24+12=60 hours...

oh yes i live in Holland geuss i smoked about 5 grams of fine weed drank 3 x 1,5 liters of coke 2 packs of cookies and i ordered a pizza...oh and i failed school that year:))

Topic is 5 Pages Long:    1 2 3 4 5