Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 25 December 2001 17:21 PST
may i bug him to make a velocity-displaying tool(just like qdqvel) for quake2? i have been after such a tool for a long time, and i know there is qdqvel and also something similar for quake3, but i could never find one for quake2. i know nolan have also made q2timer, so please help, i think many q2 trickers would be grateful to you!
RadixPosted - 25 December 2001 18:45 PST
I don't have quake 2 installed anymore... but didn't I put something in q2timer for displaying velocity?
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 25 December 2001 20:29 PST
oh nolan, is there? i have read the manual of q2timer again carefully, but couldn't find anything on displaying the velocity =/. if you have made a newer version than the one at qdq, or have forgotten to say how to display the velocity in the manual, please tell me here.
RadixPosted - 25 December 2001 23:10 PST
Not sure if this will work but its worth a shot. Bind a key to "edict 1" and when you want to see your velocity push it. It will also say your origin and lots of other stuff, but the velocity should be visible. Know you'd have to keep pushing it each time but its better than nothing right? :P