Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
KenPosted - 25 December 2001 10:08 PST
Didn't Stubby say there would be some kind of surprise for Christmas Eve? Or was it the re-designing of the RotW pages?

Hope this one post doesn't get Ingmar to come here and insult me.

We live, as we dream - alone.

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 25 December 2001 17:08 PST
i think he was suggesting the e4m5_011... from some previous messages i've got that trr2 wouldn't have been released so soon, maybe it would be on some anniversaries of qdqlite, or a quake birthday... i hope it is within the next year.
MorfansPosted - 26 December 2001 7:55 PST
There were all kinds of suprises and cool stuff planned, some of which you've seen, some you haven't.

The resurection and re-presentation of the old RotW and Mineral's competitions was going to be a Christmas suprise but Thomas decided to release it early. :-)

There were also a couple of other things that either weren't ready on time or just plain got delayed due to pressure of work, disease or beer. :-) Patience is a virtue, and besides, we didn't say WHICH christmas.

Finally, "Have we been fooled?" : Arturo, do you really think anyone could make a fool out of you? ;-)

KenPosted - 26 December 2001 8:34 PST
But of course, I'm dumb! Just look, I didn't even think when Stub said "Christmas" he could have meant Christmas 2004. Damn. :)

We live, as we dream - alone.

NagasakiPosted - 30 December 2001 3:03 PST
You could still get yourself a Windows 2000 and try my brand-new Win2K patch for QrdQ on it :P
Or type "format C:", go into the store and buy a Red Hat package, install it, download the Linux Version of QrdQ and watch it.

OR, present yourself with an Amiga in post-christmas-style, purchase a registered copy of Quake and watch QrdQ on that Amiga!

How did you just come to the idea that there are no christmas-presents at all??

[AK]NagasakeY 2001
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/Illmind/