Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
KenPosted - 22 December 2001 8:12 PST
Without counting the 'optimized' demos, which demos that you think are still improvable would be the hardest to break?

I know, I know.. "A demo is never optimized".. Fine then, you can include e1m5 ER in your answer then... :P

We live, as we dream - alone.

minwaterPosted - 22 December 2001 11:13 PST
that's a really really difficult question.. hmm.. I'd say my bedroom =]
JozsefPosted - 22 December 2001 13:19 PST
It's e2m5 easy run. Seriously.
KenPosted - 22 December 2001 13:29 PST
e2m5 ER huh? i also think it's improvable, but maybe it's too hard. Do you think someone will ever improve it Joz?

timPosted - 22 December 2001 17:43 PST
ER all of quake
NR all of quake
NH all of quake
i'm sure the EH all of quake might be the easiest of the set ...

every one of these demos is at least a few minutes from the qdq equivalents but i bet ppl would rather attempt the e2m5 ER b4 even considering these demos

and how bout nolans NH all of hip?

and of course Ilkkas NR hip1??

even the shorter ones like the Blue hell demos they are a bit closer to optimised but still a bit off the qdq stuff :)

actually every cool marathon demo fits in here.. (not many of mine though) sure you can always improve some levels but to CONSISTENTLY improve and not stuff up ..

marathons just rock :)

Fr3nPosted - 22 December 2001 20:47 PST
I'm convinced we'll see a NR of all quake in less than 19:49.
JozsefPosted - 23 December 2001 7:06 PST
Ken, you asked which is the 'hardest' bust possible improvable record. Well, I think that is! And I really think somebody will do a :26 once (probably only after years :)
KenPosted - 23 December 2001 8:45 PST
Tim: I agree, those id1 marathons are damn hard!.. Yeah, the EH could be improved by several players who would be able to spend some time I guess. The NR is definitely improvable, although it's certainly not a bad demo! The NH is improvable, at least by Marlo himself, since he confessed getting times of 2 minutes slower or something with 1 kill missing and stuff..

Now, that ER by Martin.. oh boy.. I seriously doubt anyone will even try that! He managed to get good times in all maps.. damn, that marathon kicks some ass. :)