Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 6 December 2001 20:51 PST
does ur wife play quake? and are you going to drag her to some coops? =)
MorfansPosted - 7 December 2001 0:43 PST
She hasn't played yet but has watched me and has got a good idea of what's going on. And she has absolutely promised to coop as soon as I get Quake running on both PCs.

I'm betting that she's going to totally humiliate me by turning out to be a natural born bunnyhopper.

Martin SelinusPosted - 7 December 2001 1:17 PST
ROFL
I bet she will make the e4m2-bunny on her first try :)
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 7 December 2001 4:38 PST
and maybe a 100m_10.4 will first come out of a female. =)

oh what a shame, after i practised "real" bunnies for some time still i can only do 100m in 10.8 seconds with hfr. but i m firstly a quake2er so i can do base1(the very first level) of quake2 in 10.7 =).

JozsefPosted - 8 December 2001 7:59 PST
Wow, Scut! really? On easy skill or on nightmare? That would really interest me! Could you send? I could do it in 10.9 on easy skill.
KenPosted - 8 December 2001 14:56 PST
Jozsef, I think he said HFR, meaning in slow motion.. what would be interesting about that? Valeriy got 10.68 without hfr..

I tried 3 times after I saw this msg and got 10.5 in HFR 0.002

We live, as we dream - alone.

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 8 December 2001 18:35 PST
oh which demo are you talking about? if you mean the quake2 ones are in slowmotion then you are completely wrong. how can hfr(in quake2 it is timescale) possibly help an oldschool quake2 jumper? instead it just totally messes my familiar mouse movements up(only for quake2 because i think i m experienced with it, actually quake1 bunnies are much harder so i suck without hfr). i have tried slowmotion but i dont think with it i can even equal that 10.6 hard run(which just came up yesterday because i deleted the 10.7 demo that i bragged about by mistake =).

it is on hard skill(skill2) because hard is the officially hardest level. there is a hidden skill3(called hard+) but it doesnt have an entrance like nightmare in quake1 and can only be activated by inputting a command at the console. also in hard+ enemies never go in to pain(stop moving for a while) when they are shot, which is really bad for running, so the q2dq project was made on hard skill and i m just following them. btw, there are are very little difference between different skill levels in quake2, the first map has 17 enemies in skill 0, and only 19 in skill 2 and same with skill 3.=/

Edited by - -SCUT-OpenGL on 12/8/2001 7:12:30 PM

KenPosted - 8 December 2001 21:48 PST
I have only played Quake 2 once or twice, don't like it too much. :)

NagasakiPosted - 9 December 2001 6:25 PST
Ken wtf does your completely offtopic and boring opinion count here?? You already misunderstood a 100% clear answer from Jozsef, so better keep quiet from now on.

Scut - do I remember right that you claimed yourself to be a Q2 trickjumper? What about some tricks for IllMindMoves? :)

[AK]NagasakeY 2001
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/Illmind/

KenPosted - 9 December 2001 10:50 PST
Sorry Ingmar, you're right, I didn't quite get what he meant.. I thought I did, but it was unclear.

My opinion doesn't count, yeah, but I say it anyways, maybe someone finds it worth reading.

timPosted - 9 December 2001 11:31 PST
someone reads those comments, some are good info like the min res winquake, some make me laugh :)
JozsefPosted - 9 December 2001 11:38 PST
10.6? Hmmm.. that sounds nice :) I really want to see that Scut! Please send it to my email address. I did 10.9 on easy skill long ago, I dont think I could do that again. Quake2 bunnying is a lot more different because you cannot move left ir right while jumping, that's sooo big shame :(
So, anyways, I wanna see that man! Please send!
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 9 December 2001 18:30 PST
Joe: i m honoured that you are interested in that demo, you can get it here:

http://go4.163.com/mcv/temp/base1_010_6.dm2

dunno if i shaved 0.1 second off the previous 10.7 just because i got a grunt boost =), but such factors are much less effective in quake2 than in quake1. oh those soldiers are really annoying indeed, they run much faster than those in quake1, and they even come at you before they see you, so they can easily block your way. also their shotguns are accurate and can usually steal 24 health from you with each shot.

ingmar: yes i m a quake2 trickjumper, but i m sorry about giving trick demos to illminds. it is because that i have already released my own album of trickjumps, so i dont want to give those jumps to others again, it is shame to make people watch again those jumps that they have already seen. also there are too many jumps in it(including regular q2dm* maps and ztndm* maps) that it is almost impossible to find some tricks that were missed. actually there are very few ones missing, such as shambler's triplejump from switch on dm3(it wasnt that hard as it was claimed, i can have it once every 30 minutes =/), but it is very rare. ok if you want to see what the hell that bragging demo is like, check this out:

http://mcv.top263.net/q2/demos/jumps/ujb.rar

but if you want some tricks in other custom maps, you may probably find some at this trickjumps competition site(i m also entering the challenges there):

http://www.q2central.com/~tricks

it is run by someone else called kinky_chicken (recently renamed to kinky_turkey due to christmas =), you should contact him if you want to post demos on your site.

Edited by - -SCUT-OpenGL on 12/9/2001 6:36:11 PM

NagasakiPosted - 9 December 2001 23:36 PST
Hey, thx Scut. I don't necessarily want to impress people with these demos of yours (though some may not know them yet) but build up an archive. Especially because you say this package covers "almost everything" it would be nice to be allowed to put it on the page.

Ken: sure we do need your "Q2 sucks" statement at this place crucially, since seriously - it just HAS to be spoken out one time, hasn't it?

[AK]NagasakeY 2001
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/Illmind/

Edited by - Nagasaki on 12/9/2001 11:57:18 PM

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 10 December 2001 2:29 PST
what is that? if you dislike q2, then why is there a q2 section on your homepage? well maybe q2's singleplayer sux(also its maps are not good for speedrunning), but at least its multiplayer is far better than q1. and you think q2 is slow? nope, you can easily get 600units/seconds within 2 hops(is that possible in q1 without a weapon boost?), so i dare to declare that the average speed of a player in a q2 multiplayer game is faster than that of a q1 game. anyway, if u dont like it, just keep your mouth away from it, because there are many die-hard followers of q2 in the world so everyone should reconsider enraging them. =/
minwaterPosted - 10 December 2001 2:40 PST
Awe to the q2-scene. Don't make enemies where you don't want them, ken =].
Bow before your master.
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2