Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
EmperorPosted - 21 November 2001 12:32 PST
Quake done cheated quick (Qdcq)
damn , i like those cheated runs so much that i think it deserves a compilation of all demos for a qdq release :) the cheated runs are the most impressive demos i've seen before... maybe some cams could be nice 2 :p

all this is just an idea of this sick brain
let me know what you all think about it...

greetz
Emperor

HanzPosted - 21 November 2001 14:18 PST
http://www.planetquake.com/sda/board/topic.asp?topic_id=54091&forum_id=3255&Topic_Title=Quake+done+Cheated&forum_title=QDQ+projects+discussion&M=0&S=True
-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 21 November 2001 17:38 PST
ya that's right, simply connect all the cheated runs together would be ok. unfortunately there are still many holes on the list, and some demos are even slower than the sda time, maybe there aren't enough people interested in it. =/
timPosted - 21 November 2001 18:20 PST
this isn't quite as qdqish but i'm expanding my marathon site to cover cheated marathons now :) so far i've done ER and NR all of quake in 15:57 and 18:43 respectively.

After playing like this you realise just how cool Martin's 14:02 ER is :) however it sucks when you do lots of cool rocket pushes and end up slower than just walking :(

also Thomas has been kind enough to send me some cheated NH eps :)

go here www.100megsfree4.com/tim/m4rj.html

NagasakiPosted - 22 November 2001 7:48 PST
I think FAB was organizing the ultimate cheated run but it got somewhat of dropped close to it's release :/

[AK]NagasakeY 2001
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/Illmind/

xit_vonoPosted - 22 November 2001 22:26 PST
how about a quake done tool-assisted. That means you can use stuff like hfr, building demos, saving in the middle of levels, etc. I don't know anything about that except hfr.
KenPosted - 23 November 2001 13:06 PST
I think there was once a cheated project going on? Peter once told me he got like :20 seconds in e1m1, that's all I know.. this was very long ago though, maybe they got tired of it.

We live, as we dream - alone.

-SCUT-OpenGLPosted - 23 November 2001 15:56 PST
oh even with cheats allowed i dont think it can be much faster than frl(fiend run lite)...
minwaterPosted - 24 November 2001 9:28 PST
we've got pretty fast times in QDB, e1m1 is well under 0:22 =] (martin's really fast)

so that's kinda Quake Done Cheated.
But how about quake done QUADDED..

just give godmode and quad, and maybe a rocketlauncher, and kick but..

timPosted - 24 November 2001 20:14 PST
i believe a quad was supposed to have been in the cheated patch but was removed due to some technical probs, unless you want to bind it to a movement key, so anytime you move you activate a quad ? :)
RadixPosted - 25 November 2001 1:14 PST
Technical problems? hardly...
The reason the cheated progs on windlash doesn't have the quad is that nobody wanted it.
minwaterPosted - 26 November 2001 2:59 PST
How could someone NOT want a quad??
What sick, perverted mind makes out more nonsense then that doomed soul above me?

UNLEASH ME WRATH, and rattle me bones to those who attempt to poison and destroy my QUAD!

hmm..

This is really how I feel.. HURT, hurt inside.

NagasakiPosted - 26 November 2001 4:02 PST
hehe Ken doesn't know anything :)