Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
ShamblerPosted - 18 November 2001 13:20 PST
Well done on incorporating the OGJ (a very long time ago, I suggested this map to Optic to run, and was disappointed that he didn't even try that trick - especially when it's really easy) - and good way to avoid the Ogres on the final platform by GJing from the far side. However the GJ to the gold key could be much better - try throwing it off the wall just before you pass the Knight, and thus jump onto the ledge from the side rather than by the door.

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

SnooPPosted - 18 November 2001 14:57 PST
I did the ogre grenade jump before him, in my tfl_130. Of course the rest of the run was so crap that Ken bet my run without using the trick.
KenPosted - 18 November 2001 22:33 PST
Hah, sorry about that SnooP.

Couldn't someone perform a Double Ogre GJ from the highest level of the start room, to the corridor with the 100health up there? The run could be done in less than 30 seconds then.. there is a little slope up there, but not enough to reach that high.. maybe an ogre could help? Maybe in skill 3? That trick would be awesome to do, I did a 0:17 cheated easy run using that route. (starting with rocket launcher, of course).

We live, as we dream - alone.

minwaterPosted - 19 November 2001 10:57 PST
Stubby: I don't know whether you saw my 1:11 run or not. But this is what I think is the optimal route:

1) the grenade jump shouldn't be done from the floor, but you should stand on the small wall directly to the left of you. This saves time (did it in my demo)
2) Just kill the damn shrags
3) then, to get the gold key, don't throw the grenade all the way up the door, but wait for the knight to walk forward and jump of him (did that one too)
4) then, don't through the grenade off to the door, but jump off the knight right on the left side to open the door to the exit.

I must admit that I really suck at it, I destroyed 4 keyboard during this level, I got a 1:03 once, but died 4 inches from the teleport by an OG. But I think that this is a pretty optimal route. Though, I tried to get up the secret with an OGJ on the slope at the top. It COULD be done, but you'd have to lure the ogre away, for there is too little space there

minwaterPosted - 19 November 2001 10:57 PST
Stubby: I don't know whether you saw my 1:11 run or not. But this is what I think is the optimal route:

1) the grenade jump shouldn't be done from the floor, but you should stand on the small wall directly to the left of you. This saves time (did it in my demo)
2) Just kill the damn shrags
3) then, to get the gold key, don't throw the grenade all the way up the door, but wait for the knight to walk forward and jump of him (did that one too)
4) then, don't through the grenade off to the door, but jump off the knight right on the left side to open the door to the exit.

I must admit that I really suck at it, I destroyed 4 keyboard during this level, I got a 1:03 once, but died 4 inches from the teleport by an OG. But I think that this is a pretty optimal route. Though, I tried to get up the secret with an OGJ on the slope at the top. It COULD be done, but you'd have to lure the ogre away, for there is too little space there