Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
ShamblerPosted - 7 November 2001 10:35 PST
Very good stuff Jozesf & Amrik and whoever discovered it - looks well hardcore and it's cool to see someone find a new shortcut like that. Well done guys.

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

amrikPosted - 7 November 2001 11:12 PST
Thanks sham! It's actually not that tricky, it's just very difficult to get in the first two tries ;). Also, sometimes you don't get enough height, sometimes you get no height at all! In the NR, scrags block the key as well, so it's more difficult.

- Amrik
amrikkochhar@hotmail.com

timPosted - 7 November 2001 16:41 PST
speaking of kj1 tricks i never thought of squeezing through those first bars till i saw other ppls demos :) i just presumed i'd be too fat
JozsefPosted - 8 November 2001 1:00 PST
That slopejump is pretty easy imo. And it was ME who found the trick first! :)
MorfansPosted - 8 November 2001 1:14 PST
"That slopejump is pretty easy imo"

Yeah, but you also find high OG jumps, multi-vore ball jumps, bunnying to and from the middle post in e2m6, etc, etc easy.

Being a mere mortal myself I found it incredibly tricky. ;-)

HanzPosted - 8 November 2001 7:23 PST
Hum? I thought it was me who came up with the trick but I was just unable to execute it. From the text file in my kj1_111: "by using a slope-jump from the tiny slopes on the wall decorations".

Ok I'm not here just to bitch about that, I'll salute Amrik and Joszef for actually doing it ;)

KenPosted - 8 November 2001 10:39 PST
Next thing ya know, Jozsef will say getting 7 in e2m1 was a piece of cake. :P

We live, as we dream - alone.

JozsefPosted - 9 November 2001 13:49 PST
getting 7.99 on e2m1 is the result of 2 years of constant speedrunning :) Well, probably it's rather "2 years of usually-practicing-that-friggin-e2m1!!" =)
minwaterPosted - 10 November 2001 12:20 PST
getting e2m1 45 means sucking ars!

JozsefPosted - 11 November 2001 8:47 PST
pardon?!?