Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
EmperorPosted - 4 November 2001 5:04 PST
hi , i am that guy who ended 2nd in that 100m run :)

i think that q2 demos would be a lot of fun :)
q2timer can be used in stead of qdqstats so cmooon , lets give it a go and see whats happens... at least we can start with the original levels...

minwaterPosted - 4 November 2001 5:10 PST
Quake 2 sucks.
ShamblerPosted - 4 November 2001 6:07 PST
Shut up minwater j00 fagg0t. Q2 does not suck, and especially not for speedrunning.

Emperor: I think it's a general lack of enthusiasm - most runners prefer Q1 or just don't like Q2, so the few of us who realise how much potential Q2 has aren't really enough to make it worthwhile...

I'd welcome it though...

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

minwaterPosted - 4 November 2001 12:07 PST
sorry, I just don't like quake 2. Didn't mean to dis or anything. I just tried quake 2 once, and it just didn't appeal to me as much as quake 1 did.. q2dq was cool though.
Quake2 speedrunning should be really fun to watch (Everykind of run is). But I would just not like to be the one to run.. Sorry..

He asked =]

timPosted - 4 November 2001 17:00 PST
sure quake 2 running rox .. one reason i never tried it is i wasn't sure how :)

back in the days i wasn't sure how to get the timer to work to record and stuff (this was back in the days i didn't know the command to get qdqstats to work :)

anyway i'd be keen to try some good q2 one day, i read on ancient sda news someone did a sorta marathon through the first unit :) that sounds like me. in fact i'd do the whole dam thing if i could find those 3 kills in the upper and lower palace that have been eluding me for YEARS !!! hoping its a kill bug .. or maybe they are triggered by something stupid.

also since sda only really accepted run demos for q2 i didn't like it much i never was into that back then :) cuz i sucked more than i do now. so if i can work the commands out or someone helps me i'll do some recording for fun at least.

speaking of different running stuff i'd like to do
1) EH all of quake as a vore :) however some buttons don't get shot properly by vore balls. vores are cool, can gib zombies, do voreball jumps, even quadded :)
2) gibbing all monsters, i've done the first ep, haven't had time for more yet
3) www.100megsfree4.com/tim/m4rj.html

that will show you the other thing i do and maybe why i've been making lots of marathons recently

timPosted - 4 November 2001 19:42 PST
here is an idea, a bunnied version of q2dq2 and under that ugly 20 minute barrier :)
NagasakiPosted - 5 November 2001 9:36 PST
hmm I'm afraid i wont have time for any running, but q2 speedrunning is cool anyways.

rather a 100% or coop proj than on sda though.. just my humble opinion

[AK]NagasakeY 2001
http://www.PlanetQuake.com/Illmind/

XeNoNPosted - 11 November 2001 6:57 PST
I'd kill to see a Speedrun/100% Run on SPoGsp1 :)

ShamblerPosted - 11 November 2001 14:37 PST
"I'd kill to see a Speedrun/100% Run on SPoGsp1 :)"

A straight run is quite feasible, there is a major shortcut and an overall route - but it is long and hard work.

*Sigh* maybe I should start trying it again...

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

orbsPosted - 12 November 2001 5:32 PST
Just trying to piss ppl off:

What the fuck is q2? even q3 which i dislike ownz q3 so much even counterstrike wich i believe is the most boring fps ownz q2. Q2 doent even deserve the title "game"...nor does it deserve to be made nice demos with...maybe only one thing is (in quake is even worse) QW <- pathetic ( well i geuss for the time it had a purpose something that q2 lacks q2 wasnt even contributive in the process of making q3) oh man why is that game still allowed to be on ppl's harddrive? I mean your not allowed to have copy's of "M$%n K@mpf" (censored but you know what i mean) are you?...

so everyone check your hd and your pile of cd's and burn the madafakka'S

(dont take it to serious)
just trying to make clear that i'm not to fond of q2

XeNoNPosted - 19 November 2001 14:29 PST
orbs:

...even q3 which i dislike ownz q3 so much

At least make sense :P

Edited by - XeNoN on 11/19/2001 2:30:37 PM