Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
ShamblerPosted - 29 October 2001 9:22 PST
Pretty reasonable choice overall I think:

ABW - kept looking at this for running potential and didn't spot much so I'll be interested to see what people come up with.

CZG03 - Very good, lots of potential including some very hardcore stuff (I posted the hypothetical best route a while back).

Kjsp1 - Ummm Hanz did a run already, it's a pretty good route but not spectacular. Dunno how exciting future runs will be.

Perssp2 - Can't remember much about Jozesf's run but it seemed to be a good route. Dunno how exciting future runs will be.

TFL4 - Very good choice, I tried to get Optic to do a run of this ages ago, but he wimped out of the obvious trick to start. Good coop potential too...

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

Fr3nPosted - 29 October 2001 12:16 PST
Yeah I tried running ABW but there are those damn switches and locked doors all over the place. It'll be interesting to see what comes up. There is a way to avoid the big trap at least.

Not sure about some of the filename schemes Morfans concocted, but I know nothing =)

MorfansPosted - 29 October 2001 14:46 PST
Shoot the bloody messenger, why don't you? ;-)
timPosted - 29 October 2001 15:34 PST
my opinions .. my demos in the upcoming update will back up this stuff :)

ABW .. dunno bout runs but they are boring .. this map is cool for 100% constant action i like it. I also fell there are bits here that have the feel that it could have been an id map

KJ1 I just like the look and feel of the map so i wanted to do a demo here, never feels too tough or anything so i like it

CZG03 Shitloads of monsters .. hmm with an exam in 24 hours i shouldn't start this map yet .. :) This map most reminds me of doom for the shear number of monsters

Perssp2 Lots of biggish monsters (nothing compared to the above) but the end just rox !!

TFL boring dull and i still have a secret to find, yawn, dunno if i can be arsed doing something here

orbsPosted - 30 October 2001 6:53 PST
any new map=good news
i think
how about adding beach2 to the tables?

hehehehe

orbsPosted - 30 October 2001 6:57 PST
How fast was hans on kjsp?
if he was under 1:20 i will stop trying and mmoveon to skill 3 i geuss:)
oh damned already forgot that my !@#$%^&*comp is broken..i sure hope it's only the powersupply it looks like it is.
MorfansPosted - 30 October 2001 7:39 PST
Weird. In this thread your ICQ shows as red and on your last thread it shows as green.

Spooky.

Hopefully you should see the first batch of demos later (as long as noone expects me to do any work this afternoon :-)) and yes, it's less than 1:20. :-)

amrikPosted - 4 November 2001 10:43 PST
beach2? not another NH on bch!! NO!!!!!!!!

- Amrik
amrikkochhar@hotmail.com

minwaterPosted - 4 November 2001 12:31 PST
I took a look at abw.. And it seems a little to big in my oppinion. I prefer neat and tidy maps.. ID maps qualify I think..
MorfansPosted - 4 November 2001 16:03 PST
Great idea Min!!!

However I think the ID maps are probably already in the tables. :-P