Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
StubbyPosted - 29 October 2001 2:42 PST
Just curious about what people liked/likes best about certain QdQ productions.

A thing I always look back on with a huge smile on my face is Yonatan's one-liners in e2m6 (QdQr), and the way the recam was made. It's outstanding, at least it was when it was released :-)

Another thing I've always found really funny is the gag about George (the brown Fiend). I hope he makes an apperance in tRR2 too....

- The axe swinging master -

timPosted - 29 October 2001 3:43 PST
george was a shambler wasn't he?
cuz it wasn't a fiend firing lightning on the end map in QDQlite that had that silly demo for it .. or in SDS hip3m1 .. that was a shambler too :) at least i think it was
timPosted - 29 October 2001 3:45 PST
oh .. i forgot to say .. i like all the mentions of drunkeness eg FRL, RDSC
MorfansPosted - 29 October 2001 3:56 PST
Of course he was a Shambler.

Stubby's drunk already.

"What a bloody shambles".

StubbyPosted - 29 October 2001 4:17 PST
Too much chopping with the axe while drinking danish lager gets you a little sluggish in head.....

Of course George is a Shambler! And what a furious one he is!! He should be named Disgorge (read Dis-George) instead :-)

MorfansPosted - 29 October 2001 4:31 PST
The first time I had ever seen a recam or a modified map was QdQr. I think I watched the start map about 5 times before I even let it go on to e1m1. :-)

Ah, how I laughed when he started hitting the out of order teleport while shouting "stupid frigging machines!".
Those were the days...

KenPosted - 30 October 2001 10:21 PST
When I first saw that NR (dunno if 19mins or 16), I liked 3 of the lines most:

e1m3 - "Here doggy goggy... good boy" That owned, specially coz I had never seen that trick.

eXmX - (dont remember which map, maybe e4m5), where they did 3 straight GJ's off 3 different monsters, and it was like "thanks zombie" "thanks fiend" "thanks spawn" ..

e2m6 - Yeah, there it rocks, and when he says "check out my new move" and kills the zombies, cool. :)

Actually I enjoyed all of those one liners.. What about the one where he says something like "the things I do to fo faster" (or something like that), in one of those tricks where u get hurt to stop an elevator or something (maybe e2m5)..

We live, as we dream - alone.

RollePosted - 30 October 2001 14:25 PST
I never use the frontdoor...

Okey...so i lied about never using the frontdoor!

ROCKS!!
sds kicks ass!

-vts

HanzPosted - 1 November 2001 10:19 PST
My favourite is the Beatles variation "With a little help from my fiends" or something like that in E2M4 Qdqr
StefanPosted - 2 November 2001 7:42 PST
Mine was "These shamblers would be late for their own funeral." in hip2m3 (got that one only after the tenth viewing, though :)
Stubby: The one-liners in e2m6 were Anthony's.
StubbyPosted - 2 November 2001 8:34 PST
Oops, you're right Stefan. Anthony did those one-liners, I just confused them with being Yonatan's as he was the one who played e2m6 :-)

StubbyPosted - 2 November 2001 9:01 PST
Cool comment from the original QdQlite movie (e2m2 ogre grenade-jump):

"Got any spare grenades?"
"Thanks, you're too kind"

FredrikPosted - 2 November 2001 13:07 PST
Hmm, I dont think it was Yonatan that made the e2m6 demo in qdqr. I think it was some other great runner, I forgot his name...

Anyway, it was Anthonys one-liners...

timPosted - 2 November 2001 14:11 PST
ok .. this isn't QDQ but i saw the nehahra movie for the first time the other night and loved the line "i got one word for you fellas .. BOOM!"
then "you've got 2 choices, come with us, or i say the B word again"

also since i'm getting off topic .. who remembers "I tore you a new one chump!"

orbsPosted - 5 November 2001 7:36 PST
aargh i just accidently hit escape after typing a lot of text :)

i was rambling on about lots of bullshit...not gonna retype all that thinking about it know,it better lkike this, i xslightlydrifted from the subject...:)

Fr3nPosted - 10 November 2001 21:37 PST
my roommate and I laughed our asses off at the "hello wakey wakey!" from SDS. We were lucky enough to discover the QDQ site and watch the movie shortly after release!

but I think the best lines are from Yonatan in SBB. "Nightmare - There are other skill levels?" Classic.