Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
timPosted - 29 October 2001 2:37 PST
anyone remember what those letters stand for?
since thats not going anymore we could use the board to inform others of new stuff i guess?
it could be useful with these new maps and stuff what do you guys think?
timPosted - 29 October 2001 3:41 PST
so far i've done
EH abw in 2:34
NH abw in 3:40
EH dust in 3:24
MorfansPosted - 30 October 2001 1:00 PST
The only trouble with things like this is that some mentally unstable 13 year old could try to discourage others from sending demos in by.......LYING!

For example, I might have just spent 8 hours doing the EH dust (what a cool name for a demo. Dust dust dust dust dust.) in 3:25, then I see your post and say "Oh no. My brief moment of worldwide fame and adulation has been scuppered by that pesky New Zealander." and then I put up a post saying "I've done it in 2:59, don't bother sending yours in Tim." and then I GET THE DUST EH RECORD MUA HA HA HA HA.

_OR_ I immediately say that I've done the ER in 0:26 thus putting everyone else off even trying.

Or something.

God I'm bored. Someone post something interesting or I won't survive today at work.

BTW. I actually did the EH last night in 2:33. :-)

timPosted - 30 October 2001 2:15 PST
ok i admit people could lie, but the sda updaters know what the times are, and if someone does lie then they could be baned from using the board or something :)

my latest demos are on KJSP1
EH in 3:49
NH in 5:53 but i think i might improve before i send in

orbsPosted - 30 October 2001 5:50 PST
Hehe i read that wrong is though the topic said "NYP" geuuss everyone knows what that means...i was like what the fuck does the Nypolice do on the sda-mssgboard :)

that makes 2 of us richard man i'm bored they realy should start paying me for playing quake all day and night