Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
KenPosted - 21 October 2001 23:32 PST
My list could get pretty long easily, so I wont go specific here..

But lets say, for example, I'd like to see Marlo making some elite demos, that guy had a nice style. Did anyone ever notice how he pulled off the first bunny sometimes? It was pretty damn weird, nobody else did it that way, like, to the right, and back.. hard to describe, he does it at the start of the few bunnies to the button in his old e3m1_115, for example.

I'm sure everyone has some suggestion for Markus, but as he told me once "if I'd make everything u say, I'd end up in 50 years with half of that" .. Or something like that. :P ..

Same for Peter, most would love to see some 100%s from him. I'd personally like to see him taking e1m1 EH back.. but no, I aint bugging him to make it. (See? I'm progressing after some therapy..)

And hey! where are Optic, Nolan, Evan.. didn't those dudes use to make demos?? :)

2 guys I currently push some are Daniel Lindberg and Ilkka, but I'm taking it easy, specially on Ilkka since all we talk about is Quake-related. :( But he doesnt seem like the kind of guy who'd get mad. I wonder why he hasnt posted here though..

Is this too long for a post already? Hope not, and hope someone can be specific on a demo he'd like to see (I wasn't, in case someone confused what "I'd like to see", with "bugging people to make demos" ..) =)

We live, as we dream - alone.

timPosted - 22 October 2001 1:19 PST
my idea is people do the sort of things that they don't normally do, eg people might compare themselves to others by there time to do e1m1 ER .. when people ask me what my best time and reply usually 30 or more ppl say that is really shit (i hope they think all my demos are really crap and look for something easy to break, then break when they see the demos i've done >:) )

anyway i'd like to see some of the traditional "easy run only" ppl doing the stuff they wouldnt' normally, and ppl like me doing some more run type demos.

as for you ken, well you could pick on amriks demos, i think he's eyeing up the rest of your records :)

hope this is the sorta stuff u want

(btw i don't think i've ever had less than 29 seconds for e1m1 ER before .. and i may have had 9 seconds for e2m1 ER once .. :)

messiahPosted - 22 October 2001 9:26 PST
i would like to see donner come back ;-) or qurre! AND HANSSON!!!

/ Jonny

ShamblerPosted - 22 October 2001 10:09 PST
I would like to see Optic sodomised by a horse.

(Yes, again. I never get bored of seeing it...)

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

Martin SelinusPosted - 22 October 2001 10:34 PST
I would like to see some coops with Peter and Jozsef.
What a team that would be! And a MadCoop with Peter, Jozsef and Attila would be pretty awesome too

/ Martin

KenPosted - 22 October 2001 12:07 PST
Hey Jonny.. Yonatan was the best back in those days, but now with this mad bunniers.. I don't think he could catch up all the missing time.
Qurre rocks, cool style, yeah.
And wtf happened to Hanson?

Can someone tell me why Mr. Shambler hates Optic so much? His posts are funny, heh.

Fr3nPosted - 22 October 2001 21:44 PST
I think Shambler hates Optic because Optic habitually owned him on the SDA tables with his abilities to execute complex manoeuvres such as strafing. =)
StubbyPosted - 23 October 2001 7:29 PST
Heheh :-)

- The axe swinging master -

ShamblerPosted - 23 October 2001 10:20 PST
Okay, okay

/holds hands up, guilty as charged.

Well, that reason, AND the fact he's a total gimp =).

KenPosted - 23 October 2001 13:34 PST
Hi Shambler.

Several months ago I actually downloaded a map you reviewed at your site, called lthsp5 Or something like that? You had an ER in 0:12 seconds. I managed a better shambler boost and got 0:08, a pretty nice demo, but then I tried to do the looooong bunny from the top, and got it, which gave me 0:06 in both skills. It's funny that I spend a LONG time trying it in skill 0, and then I got it in my first attemp in skill 3! Do u want my demos for your site or something?

ShamblerPosted - 23 October 2001 13:57 PST
Ken: Someone else (forget who) sent me improvements with a Shambler boost, and then an 0:05 eventually. And no thanks, I only post my own demos, as a little self-indulgence (I think that might be mentioned on the demo page).

minwaterPosted - 23 October 2001 15:48 PST
I'd like to see myself do a e1m1 NR under 1:34 =]
That ought to be fun ..
KenPosted - 23 October 2001 21:52 PST
Shambler: Ok, cool. 0:05 huh? Cool, I knew it was possible but since I couldnt see the exact time I dunno how many tenths away from it I was.

And you (the other guy) .. Do you mean "NR" as in "Nightmare Run" ?? e1m1? Under 1:34? I don't think ANYONE could be that slow even if he wanted to. If you meant to say NH (Nightmare 100%) then it's a little bit more understandable, or maybe you meant NR but the time was 0:34 and not 1:34? Something must be wrong, right?

timPosted - 24 October 2001 3:08 PST
heard of a thing called a joke?
i just fired up e1m1 and the first time i got to the end i got 34 :)
maybe it is the time to beat for crap runners like myself :)
KenPosted - 24 October 2001 8:49 PST
If Yonatan had :30 with no bunnies, I don't think u should be satisfied with :34. :P

minwaterPosted - 24 October 2001 15:10 PST
Well.. I think I did a run a bit faster than 1:34.. I'd have to agree with Ken. (about it just beeing a joke).
Anyhow. Quake Rules.. (extra credits?) =]
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2