Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
ShamblerPosted - 4 October 2001 4:42 PST
Not necessarily the hardest or even the most useful, but which tricks have you must enjoyed using in which speedruns??

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

minwaterPosted - 4 October 2001 5:29 PST
The fiend attack-jump in e2m6. It's a lot
of fun..
StubbyPosted - 4 October 2001 5:52 PST
When I finally, after weeks of trying, managed to do the shambler-telefrag in my e3m2_121. That trick is soooo ****ing hard to get right, especially after you've done most of the run perfectly, and the further success of the run depends on whether or not that particular trick succeeds!
That must be the most rewarding trick I've done yet. (most rewarding for myself that is)

The trick I've enjoyed doing the most, is my slope-rj-to-secret-quad in e2m5 in my ne2_1736 marathon.
And it rules even more to do it in a marathon :)

- The axe swinging master -

MorfansPosted - 4 October 2001 9:43 PST
There are sooo many tricks I love doing mostly because it's so rare that I manage to do the really hard ones due to lack of skill/practice (mostly skill).

But I think the most satisfying are coop boost tricks. Grenading or quad SSGing your buddy and watching him fly across the map and dissapear out of sight is always fun, and any axe boost just plain rocks! (Also, getting a hard coop trick to work means you both have to have done it right, which means the failure/frustration rate is even higher than normal).

orbsPosted - 4 October 2001 10:34 PST
I love (<-understatement) chton rocketjumps

there,s this one speedmappingmap with chton init you get a ra and +100 and you got to get that rocket fully and then strafe away as nice as possible retunr to chton get 1 more horizontal boost back the other way then to exit

i geuss its sm16_xenon1 but not sure

maybbe you could even get over that door in once but that is realy realy far after you got all the way up think my rec on the map is 0:59 but i lost that demo cuz i cleaned everything (1gig) in my quake maybe hanz knows