Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
minwaterPosted - 4 October 2001 3:18 PST
Wow, I saw the weirdest thing, I was doing a eh for e1m6, I tried to kill the ogre in front of the button (the first one you meet as you enter the level) but the ogre didn't move, shoot or die.

As I shot it it didn't give off blood, but simpley the greyish that comes off walls.

I saw it once before, and made screenshots back then. Maybe ilkka still has the shots.. I don't know. I added them to htr compo. (the .jpg screenshots)

Did anyone else see it ??

StubbyPosted - 4 October 2001 4:25 PST
I've seen this bug loads of times by now. It happened fairly often in e3m7 and e2m5. I do believe that Nolan fixed this bug with the latest version of QdQstats.

Correct me if I'm wrong Puggy!

- The axe swinging master -

RadixPosted - 4 October 2001 21:20 PST
You're correct Stubby, which is why I wish everybody would have got the damn v1.7 of the stats!
orbsPosted - 5 October 2001 8:05 PST
i like the jumping heads bug better cuz you can still get attacked by it:)
timPosted - 5 October 2001 18:28 PST
the funniest time i've seen a bug like this was in a demo by yonaton on hipend i believe, he killed armagon, who also got him, but armagons legs kept walking around even though the top part was very dead :) maybe its still in the hipend tables i dunno
MorfansPosted - 6 October 2001 3:32 PST
Basil, do you still have the demo and savegame with the jumping heads in them. I've still never seen this bug in action. If you do could you mil them to me. Ta.
ShamblerPosted - 6 October 2001 5:38 PST
Heh, jumping heads are cool =). I've had it a few times, including Fiend heads on some old, very lame open arena map, that wouldn't stop bouncing, and even Scrag heads recently. I've also had the fishbug in Stubby's new run several times...

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

minwaterPosted - 6 October 2001 5:41 PST
Wow, I really don't play quake enough.
I only saw that static ogre twice, where are the neat bugs when you need them =]
maybe you should make a bug-run through quake. showing al bugs.. =]

ps YEEEEAAHAAAAAHA, finally got e1m7 :15 !

JozsefPosted - 6 October 2001 7:45 PST
e1m7_015 with backards? =)
minwaterPosted - 6 October 2001 9:39 PST
no.. not backwards =] but I got 0:18.12 backwards. Same trick though.

Do I now have to do EVERYTHING backwards??

JozsefPosted - 8 October 2001 0:17 PST
No, of course you shouldn't :)
It'll be enough if you make an e1m7_014 as SDA entry demo =)
minwaterPosted - 8 October 2001 11:15 PST
Well. If I have too =]

I'll do my best..

Daniel. APosted - 10 October 2001 6:28 PST
i know how to make fiend-heads jump... or dead fiends (if it dont get gibbed) just get him to jump in to an explobox
amrikPosted - 11 October 2001 5:47 PST
the fiend-head jumping bug can be demonstrated in a map made by brainstorm. The map had a whole other list of cool stuff, like a backward jumping spawn that causes a huge amount of damage, etc. Ask me for the .zip on ICQ 122557865

- Amrik
amrikkochhar@hotmail.com