Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
StubbyPosted - 27 September 2001 17:07 PST
I'm interrested in hearing from people what their favorite RotW contests has been so far?

It seems that the championship ladder has helped quite a bit with the submissions....

Is the championships a feature you would like to see in the future too?

timPosted - 27 September 2001 17:11 PST
my favourite would be that e2m4 low grav with grenades :) i owned martin in that contest :P
HanzPosted - 28 September 2001 8:32 PST
Skillz Arena was definitely my favourite. Simply too cool map :).

IMO, every ROTW contest should be put in the tables so that they could be further improved. I'd love to see someone get more than 200 points in Skillz Arena for example ;)

StubbyPosted - 28 September 2001 8:34 PST
Hmmm, as I recall there wasn't any monsters in the Skillz Arena map! How are you supposed to do a 100% record then?!?! :P

Thomas Stubgaard

HanzPosted - 28 September 2001 9:07 PST
You wouldn't do 100% or a normal run, you would only do the same kind of demo that the corresponding ROTW rules ordered. Some ROTW maps weren't about time but points (like Skillz Arena) so there ppl wouldn't go for the usual "who has the best time". I think it'd be refreshing :)

Oh, and Skillz arena did have grunts and one shambler. Killing all grunts gave you marge bonus (I think) =)

Edited by - Hanz on 9/28/2001 9:08:27 AM

StubbyPosted - 28 September 2001 9:26 PST
Yeah, Skillz Arena sure had monsters...I was mixing it up with another RotW contest :-)

But I doubt you will those kinda RotW's as SDA records as well.

Thomas Stubgaard

HanzPosted - 28 September 2001 9:43 PST
*sob*
andyPosted - 29 September 2001 3:27 PST
My favourite ROTW was the minute run on e4m5 and trying to get as many kills as possible. It was the only ROTW run i felt pretty good at doing, usually i just fail at the first or second "problem". Unfortunately, the lazy man has disappeared or something and the final scores were never to be seen :(

Besides this one, i liked the one where i was put in an arena with a few weapons and new monsters appearing all the time and i had to survive as long as possible.

messiahPosted - 29 September 2001 3:58 PST
my favourite was speed01 or or e1m8 but i suck!!!! the most borig was dm6 !

so FFS stubby get a run next time =)

leekwenPosted - 29 September 2001 5:53 PST
there was one rotw that never got results...
it was on some crazy map where the monsters weren't able to hurt each other and you were destined to die. i remember getting teleported to a lot of shamblers and dying. something like 400+ points but i never sent in demo. that map was cool
Martin SelinusPosted - 29 September 2001 10:53 PST
/me is owned by Tim :)
I think the e1m8 contests have been the most fun so far. It would be cool with something very different this time. What happened to the 110 m hurdles Stubby? :)

/ Martin

willPosted - 29 September 2001 12:20 PST
Yeah the rotw5 was the 'survival' one, where I lost all the entries, although I do remember that Nolan (would have) won.

I'm working on a new, cool, rotw map at the moment, tho =)

RadixPosted - 30 September 2001 1:05 PST
Damnit will! Why'd you deprive me of my only rotw win :)
timPosted - 30 September 2001 14:03 PST
hmm this may be lame but i thought of it just before i fell asleep last night, choose a custom map or something that is on sda but there aren't too many demos for or crap demos and have a contest to improve them, or with a twist? what do you think this could be a way to get rid of some of those crap demos
amrikPosted - 3 October 2001 13:23 PST
110m hurdles!
oh and run a e2m5 low grav contest ;)

- Amrik
amrikkochhar@hotmail.com

HanzPosted - 5 October 2001 8:40 PST
How about a HIGH gravity contest? Something like sv_gravity 1500.. No more bunnies or high rocket jumps :)
Topic is 2 Pages Long:    1 2