Speed Demos Archive
Archived Quake Message board
In use until September 2003
Author Topic
StubbyPosted - 27 September 2001 1:30 PST
Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to kill the last three zombies in the Nightmare 100% of e4m8? Is there a way to lure them out of the secret?
timPosted - 27 September 2001 3:32 PST
which secret are u talking about?
and why don't you guide some vore balls in there :) i have laid down the challenge, now deliver the goods, i know you will :)
StubbyPosted - 27 September 2001 4:26 PST
Sorry Tim, but the vore-ball trick is _not_ possible to do, coz the zombies are located inside the secret. Maybe one could figure out a way to make the Quad last all the way to the last secret....
messiahPosted - 27 September 2001 5:25 PST
YOU CAN DO IT!
ShamblerPosted - 27 September 2001 7:11 PST
Yeah but you can get some vore balls to follow you, drop down into the secret and get them to hit the zombies. Even if they don't gib the zombies, the zombies will now go for the vore, and you can keep the secret's exit door open until they're out, then it's easy for the vore to gib them...

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

timPosted - 27 September 2001 16:37 PST
your going soft stubby, just open the door lure them out, then do some vore ball magic!
StubbyPosted - 27 September 2001 16:55 PST
And just how the **** would you lure them out when the damn 'door' thingie closes imediately?!?!
ShamblerPosted - 28 September 2001 2:34 PST
Get Vore balls to hit them, and they'll go chasing the Vore, while you keep the door open to let them go out (I tried it, it works).

http://www.planetquake.com/teamshambler - it's Quake single player, bitches.

StubbyPosted - 28 September 2001 3:31 PST
Ok, I've tried that and it seems to work ok.

But it would be much easier if there was a way to make the quad last long enough to take them out with shotgun instead. It would save a great deal of time.

Thomas Stubgaard

messiahPosted - 28 September 2001 5:11 PST
i know how to do it stubby!
whne you've killed all the monsters except the last zombies you just pull down the console and write impulse 205!
=)
necrosPosted - 28 September 2001 19:15 PST
er... that would be impulse 255... =P

Oh hey! How did I get here?

~necros

messiahPosted - 30 September 2001 2:01 PST
ohh ****! i always write wrong things =)
JozsefPosted - 1 October 2001 0:59 PST
Hey, Thomas, haven't you tried the EH route I used in my 2:58? Is it possible?